Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe nobody has asked so I will, What did you find at the gunshow?

Default I can't believe nobody has asked so I will, What did you find at the gunshow?

I went and walked around for about 3 or 4 hours with a couple of my buddies and I think it was a decent show, as gunshows go. As always, there was some crap, some cool stuff, a good deal or three, and some way overpriced stuff as well. I ended up with 2 bags of cast Keith bullets to keep the 44's fed, an old Outdoor Life book, and an old box of Speer 35 cal rifle bullets. I only spent 34 dollars and visited with some friends I met there so it was a pretty good time. Just couldn't figure out why the guy I got the Speers from had one box of 60 250 grain Speer bullets for 30 bucks, and the box of 180gr ones that I got for 3 dollars, strange, anyhow pretty good way to spend a saturday.

Pretty good show. Took about two hours looking for two things but didn't find either. Oh well, maybe next time. Most people wanting more for their primers and powder than SW.

I am going to be back out there today. I am going to hit the Mountain House display before the doors open! They had some cool new flavors I never even heard of. Smoken deal on prices just for the gun show. Spring bear is around the corner and I eat alot of those things! Even when just out and about on a road trip or going fishing, cheaper than Mcdonalds!

We went yesterday as said some good deals to be had. I saw
    a Remington 725 in a 06 for 450. I should of bought it only
    16,000 plus were made in all calibers. 8mag in a 700 bdl for 525.ruger no1
    in a 375 for 575. So some deals to be had an some over priced crap
    carcano for 400 dollars. Heck might be worth 100 bucks lol. I bought
    powder it was about 2 dollars more but I do know sportsman
    had no h4350 or h4831. So ibought it.

I saw that 725 too, wished I had the money. Saw a M77 243 with a Redfield for like 325.

I saw nice Blue S&Ws priced $100 over market. I saw ratty ones priced $200 over market. I saw lots of 6.5 Carcano ammo. Saw fox furs reasonably priced. I saw five mislabled Mausers, racks of overpriced black rifles and heard five lies being told to customers.

But it was a beautiful day, some of the reloading stuff was priced right and we stopped on the way back to pop off a few rounds.

I never seen so many eddystones before thier had to be at
    least ten and all overpriced. Lots of 41 mags,fella had Mauser
    action and it said commercial 98 but still had the thumslot cutout
    I do the commercial mausers did not have that. Sometimes
    I don't know who is worse care salesman or guys selling guns
    classic example go to great northern guns lol

i agree with you about great northern.....very un-friendly much of the time. example: we're just lookin...well this aint no museum its a gun store, if your not gonna buy somethin get out! this happened twice to us.

Release Lake Trout

Default great northern

That is so true about Great Northern Guns. The big guy is one of the rudest people I've ever had to deal with. Some of the workers there are very nice wanting to know if I need any help. Now the big guy I don't know how he keeps his job there. Rude, talks down to you I will not even go in there anymore because of him.

I stopped by and met John Fish and his wife at their booth. Another double rifle and Africaphile like myself. I left a few dollars lighter and a few classic African Hunting books heavier!!! I did see a very nice AYA SxS shotgun, but I did a little catch and release as I'm working on purchasing a double rifle at the momment. Overall I thought it was better than the Wasilla show.

Brett

Is that fat SOB still working at GNG? I stopped going into that shop years ago because of him.

Every AR is between 975 and 1000 hmmmmm
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I never seen so many eddystones before thier had to be at
    least ten and all overpriced. Lots of 41 mags,fella had Mauser
    action and it said commercial 98 but still had the thumslot cutout
    I do the commercial mausers did not have that. Sometimes
    I don't know who is worse care salesman or guys selling guns
    classic example go to great northern guns lol
    I too saw that "Commercial" Mauser, the one with the funky butterknife? And 1917's "holy doglegs Batman", seemed like there was one on every table. Did find a little Marlin 336 sporting carbine in 35 Rem I would have liked to have followed me home, but I didn't have the denero.

Quote Originally Posted by fozz View Post
    Rude, talks down to you I will not even go in there anymore because of him.
    I have this same problem with a guy who works at WWG!

Is there a rude guy working in every gunshop in Anchorage?

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post

Is there a rude guy working in every gunshop in Anchorage?
    In all likelyhood, there is at least one. Us gun owners, sellers, and nuts, are a sorry lot, and almost as bad as hunters.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by fozz View Post
    That is so true about Great Northern Guns. The big guy is one of the rudest people I've ever had to deal with. Some of the workers there are very nice wanting to know if I need any help. Now the big guy I don't know how he keeps his job there. Rude, talks down to you I will not even go in there anymore because of him.
    +1 for everything you said. It's like you can can read my mind.

I've just about given up on gun shows around here. Last one I went to at WHS there was a guy with a table saw set up...I guess he was selling blades (?) and some lady had a table full of women's shoes for sale. More like a flea market than a gun show. Can't talk myself into driving out to the valley for any gun shows after seeing that.

We have the same problem with you.

u guys are too funny! I was always partial to "loitering" at Chimo guns. I always enter great northah's and say this....."hey you ole honory son of a gun, how in the heck did you convince me that I need a 9.3X62?......and you don't even carry bullets for it!" you gotta razz em a bit and you'll get smile.....then loitering and bs'n will always ensue. I do recall a good lookin gal who worked at WW Guns quite a while back (haven't been there in a long time).....can u confirm this Wildalaska??......never did get a chance to "razz her".

Fellers, lets keep it to what you got at the gunshows...thanks!

My two favorites were non-windowed pmags for 40 bucks apiece and a scrap piece of plywood with some astroturf as a 'salmon fillet board' for 25

Picked up some ammo, a powder trickler for 5 bucks, a SS guide rod and spring for the Glock...I'd go again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast