Thread: Beretta 391 Urika 2 barrel ringing

Unhappy Beretta 391 Urika 2 barrel ringing

I got the wife a Urika 2 last Christmas cause she wanted to try her hand at skeet and has had a blast with it even took on the job of cleaning it herself with little help from me. Here's the bad part. After the last cleaning the barrel now rings like crazy when the bolt is let forward either during firing or just when it's released on an empty chamer. I took it apart and put it back together today several times to be sure everything was put back right and it's still doing it. The ringing appears to be coming from the spring which is on the gas assembly. I tried adjusting the locking nuts which hold it in place and nothing made a difference. I'm hoping there's a Beretta guru on here that can lend some insight cause I really don't want to pay to send it to the factory. Let me now what you think.

Default Try over here.

It's a start anyway.
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=57

Or you can also try calling them and ask for customer service or a gunsmith. I just hope you don't get the one I spoke to about my Tikka. I don't remember his last name but I'd bet money his first name was Dick.

Default 391 barrel "ching"

I've actually talked to several people about it and i believe it is supposed to sound the way it does. I think the first significant cleaning removed any grease which was on the gas assembly spring thus allowing it to sound normal. I'm gonna go to birchwood and rent one of theirs to shoot a round or two with after it warms up to compare. Thanks for the help.