Thread: OK, Bolt disassebly, browning

Default OK, Bolt disassebly, browning

I need some help here... My bolt is dirty and I need to deep clean it, I have searched and searched.... what are my processes to take this apart, I'm holding the bolt in my hand,.,.. whats first? .. Its an browning a-bolt LH ss .338 BOLT

PLEASE HELP..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I hate bumping my own thread... But i'm not having any luck finding out how to get this thing apart

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

hap

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    I hate bumping my own thread... But i'm not having any luck finding out how to get this thing apart
    I hate to say it quite this way, but the A-Bolt bolt is not a simple thing to break down and reassemble. Done incorrectly the chance of failure is higher than just about any rifle going.

This is probably a situation where you should take it to someone that knows them well...

dangit, ok then i guess i'll have to do what i can, then take it in.. arrgh

I would go to the Browning website and download a manual.

I've got the Browning factory service manual for the A-bolts. If you are near Fairbanks, I can share the info with you.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."