Thread: CMC Powerlifts?

Default CMC Powerlifts?

Good day, I just puchased a Willie Predator and need some advice on powerlifts. What size for a 50HP Yamaha Kenai legal boat 21' ? Where to get one installed or can I do it my self? "Pretty handy" Any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance.

http://www.boatersplus.com/cmc-pi65-...out-gauge.html

I had this one that I bought through AK Mining when I had my Jetcraft. They installed it for me when I repowered my boat from a 50 honda to a 90 honda. Worked like a charm. It was a selling point when I sold my boat last spring. Here is a pic of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Still Looking for a model number

If anyone has one I'm looking for a model number and if it needs to be a tilt and trim or just up and down model. If you have one for sale I'd like to know. Thanks.

Fishslayer, click the link. 65002 I believe is the model #. Im needing one too.

Looks like the cheaper to order thu cablea's

Quote Originally Posted by Fishslayer2 View Post
    If anyone has one I'm looking for a model number and if it needs to be a tilt and trim or just up and down model. If you have one for sale I'd like to know. Thanks.
    I just bought a new Willie Predator, I had them install a CMC power lift. When I get off work I will get the model # and post it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    http://www.boatersplus.com/cmc-pi65-...out-gauge.html

I had this one that I bought through AK Mining when I had my Jetcraft. They installed it for me when I repowered my boat from a 50 honda to a 90 honda. Worked like a charm. It was a selling point when I sold my boat last spring. Here is a pic of it.
    Nice link!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Default THanks for the info.

Thanks, I just want to be sure to get it right the first time..

Thanks.. in advance

Sorry Fish slayer i've not posted the model # of my lift. I've been working stupid hours lately. Gone to the slope and then in the inlet, not much time for anything else. I'll be home tomorrow and I'll take a look and post it.

I just put one of these on my boat over the winter, it appears to be well made. They use a ball screw and so they are not supposed to creep down, and honestly I do not know if thats a problem or not with others?

http://www.powrtran.com/cgi-bin/cart...?parts_id=9662

7-1/2" of vertical lift

They run right at a grand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I got a PowerTran lift for a T50 Yamaha for a Predator last year. River & Sea in Soldotna said they would set aside a CMC lift for me months ahead of time, but when I got there, all they had left was the PowerTran, which they installed. They did a good job and it has worked very well. It's vertical only and the power tilt comes with the T50 tiller. I just went to look for a model number on the lift and could only find the serial number. Given the link below, that looks like it.

If you have the tiller, make sure you get the switch that goes in the end of the tiller handle. I think this is a Yamaha switch, but you can call River & Sea to verify. I don't know how easy the switch is to install yourself, but considering the amount of your total investment, and the small amount of labor cost you'd be saving by doing it yourself, I'd recommend you use someone who has completed the exact same install (Yamaha 50's on Willie Predators) dozens of time. Since they're experienced, they'll get it done fast and correct the first time.

Default CMC

On my 2010 Predator I put a CMC. I have the Yamaha T-50 mounted on it. The Model # is M-PL-65HS. This is a CMC High Speed Power Lift. The sticker on it says it's rated up to a 300 hp motor.

Quote Originally Posted by KenaiIce View Post
    On my 2010 Predator I put a CMC. I have the Yamaha T-50 mounted on it. The Model # is M-PL-65HS. This is a CMC High Speed Power Lift. The sticker on it says it's rated up to a 300 hp motor.
    I'm looking to put one of the new HS models on my Hewes Open. Did you intall it yourself or did a shop...if so who? And if you don't mind, what were the costs? Thanks.

Chad

I bought my boat at River and Sea in Soldotna. They installed the lift. I'm not sure of the price because I made them add it at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by KenaiIce View Post
    I bought my boat at River and Sea in Soldotna. They installed the lift. I'm not sure of the price because I made them add it at no cost.
    Cool...Thanks

Good deal thanks for the info....