Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Jmax owners out there?

Default Any Jmax owners out there?

Hey lets share some info on this boat and engine, I have a 2008 jetcraft 1875 with a yamaha J max engine in it. Does anyone know what size this engine is, I guess its a revamped jet ski engine.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rhino36 View Post
    Hey lets share some info on this boat and engine, I have a 2008 jetcraft 1875 with a yamaha J max engine in it. Does anyone know what size this engine is, I guess its a revamped jet ski engine.
    I heard that it was a revamped street bike motor. Not sure what size. Rumor has it that it's only something like 135hp. Yamaha makes good engines...

Default 160 hp

I think it is rated at 160 HP.

Does anyone know where the fuel filter is located, I looked yesterday and I cannot find an external one. I am thinking it must be in the fuel tank. I mite have to take the sending unit out of the tank and look, my dealer doesnt know, all they know how to do is sell the boats.

I will did some online research and found out that from the front of the engine to the rear of the reverse gate its the same exact engine as what has been in the yamaha jet boats. Not the jet skis but the fancy jet boats they use on the lakes and stuff. I looked on a yamaha parts microfiche at certain models and its all the same. I will find it again and let you guys know. Jetcraft doesnt want to tell us this cause they want us to buy the parts from them instead of finding cheaper stuff on our own. I kind of had an inside tip on this from another dealer.

Well here it is, If you go to worldofpowersports.com and look in there parts finder section under yamaha jet boats you can find our setup. Its the 2008 sx 230ho, if you look at the engine intake pictures its the same thing, also look at the pulpusion external pictures, they are the same also. I did look through most of it and I cannot find a fuel filter, not even in the tank. My guess its part of the fuel pump assembly.

mabye try this. Find you fuel line that comes out of the tank and chase it all the wat to the fuel pump. it not go aasked the dealer there some down there that know were it at.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino36 View Post
    Well here it is, If you go to worldofpowersports.com and look in there parts finder section under yamaha jet boats you can find our setup. Its the 2008 sx 230ho, if you look at the engine intake pictures its the same thing, also look at the pulpusion external pictures, they are the same also. I did look through most of it and I cannot find a fuel filter, not even in the tank. My guess its part of the fuel pump assembly.

Default Agreed-

I purchase 5 of these units from a defunct 'glass hull builder. Although I haven't tried very hard, installation info seems difficult to come by.I'm looking forward to this fall when I've time to play with some hull/JMax designs.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    mabye try this. Find you fuel line that comes out of the tank and chase it all the wat to the fuel pump. it not go aasked the dealer there some down there that know were it at.
    I traced the line and cannot find a filter, I am going to call the dealer today.

Well I found out where the filter is, its in the fuel tank. One dealer told me that its a non-servicable filter hooked to the fuel pump in the tank. The other dealer told me the same thing but he said you can take it off and clean it out with solvent. I am going to be checking mine this weekend, I like to make sure everthing is ready for the season.

I hate that when there in the tank.. None serviceable till you get some stuff in you tank. A good thing to think about installing a second racor filter. You can find them just about any parts store or boat shop. Take care Mike

I know, Im going to take mine apart in the morning. I will let you guys know what I find.

The fuel filter is in the tank, its hooked to the bottom of the fuel pump. It looks like you have to take it out and just wash it. Mine looked clean so I didnt take it out. I guess its a good idea that its there if not dirt and stuff could plug the pump. Probably isnt a bad idea to add an external filter somewhere. If I remember right most cars and pickups have the same little filter in the tanks and they also have an en external filter.

is there anyone out there that knows where to get performance parts for the Jmax 160. I am putting 1/2 UHMW on the bottom and would like a little more power to make up for the added weight. I have had my boat for about a year and absolutely love it. It is a 1875 XS CC and i am also looking for some ideas for a top. any help would be appreciated.

Riva stack kit, it worked great on mine.

what kind of performance changes did you see?

First of all, take your stock impeller out and send it to Impros. You can find there info on the internet, Impros.com. Have them repitch your impeller to a 10/21. they can also rebuild it if its had alot or rocks that went through it, cost about $120 total. The riva stack kit will add about 300 rpm's, well worth it.
    With the new pitch on the impeller it wont spin out when you hit the throttle from a stand still, just rips out of the water. Solas also makes a great impeller for these.

i ordered the stack kit and a performance prop today from Riva Racing. i cant wait to run it before and after to see the difference. thanks a lot for the input. i will report the numbers in a month or so when i try them out.

What brand and pitch is the impeller, solas Im am guessing.

i am not 100% sure. i will check tomorrow and let u know. the Harbercraft dealer in Vernon told me the Solas 14/20 was the way to go. i see u said the 10/21. pardon my ignorance but what do the different number mean?

also what do u get for top end speed? after the impellar and stack kit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast