Thread: Picatinney 10/22 scope mounts

Default Picatinney 10/22 scope mounts

As an 8th b-day presents I am thinking about buying the oldest boy a 10/22. There are 2 more boys coming up behind him and they will probably all get the same gift at that age. Rather than have all three boys get exactly the same gun I am hoping to do something fairly simple to set them apart a little bit. My thought was to install colored picatinney rails on each of them. I was looking for something like the one from Volqartsen that extends forward of the reciever. I was hoping to find one with a red annodized finish for the oldest since that is his favorite color. Does anyone know where to find one like that? If not is there a place in town (valley or Anc) that could anodize one of the Volquartsen rails in a custom color?

Just went through the search and purchase with my nephew, but I don't recall any colors but cool black. Brownell's has quite a few over a range of prices for the 10/22. Here is the model he settled on. Start there and click back one page to the tactical mount listings, and you'll see lots more to choose from.

Went through the same gun but different as well with my daughters 10/22s. Started with carbines, 1 camo one black

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/...p?idCategory=6

Tactical solutions has the rails and offers a variety of colors - If they don't have them in stock they can get them on the next anodizing batch. They also make very nice rings that can be colored as well. It won't list the colors but if you call them they can get them.

Default Leupold

If you wanted to spend the money on a Leupold, they offer custom scope colors.

The different colored scope rail is a good idea. I have twin boys that will be getting rifles one day and making them the same, yet individual, will likely be necessary.

The nice thing about the 10/22 is that there are so many variations available along with many custom parts. You can get them stock 10/22s without having them the same. Ruger will make models that only go to certain distributors so they have variations not even listed on their web site.

Here are my daughters - both stock out of the box - the same but different without spending a lot more for custom parts

Default Rimfire Technologies

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/S...lts.asp?Cat=31

Give these guys a try. The link above shows they have the extended rails you speak of but they are just black. However, if you look around their site, everything else is offered in a multitude of colors. If they can't i'd check into who in Anchorage can spray on some Duracoat. Do a search for "duracoat" here and you should run across some threads. I want to also recommend you check out the Boyds Evolution SS stock. I built the wife a 10/22 and that stock is awesome. It's a thumbhole style but it's fully ambidextrous, skeletonized and the barrel (.920) is free floated. If you like it let me know and I might get rid of mine cause i've been eyeballing an anshutz stock. Good luck!

here's another good site i've ordered from.
    http://www.hawktecharms.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    The nice thing about the 10/22 is that there are so many variations available along with many custom parts. You can get them stock 10/22s without having them the same. Ruger will make models that only go to certain distributors so they have variations not even listed on their web site.

Here are my daughters - both stock out of the box - the same but different without spending a lot more for custom parts

They've got stockers AND the 'race' models??

Are you in need of a new son??? I'm your guy!

Default 10/22

Lujon if you want to know everything about the 10/22 go to rimfirecental.com. This sight has all its sponsers listed and they have anything you would want to buy. I know the kid is a little young to throw lots of money down on mods but theres so much you can do with the 10/22. The first thing I do with mine is replace the hammer with a target hammer. This $20 part take the Rugers 8 pound trigger pull to two and a half or three pound. The job will take about ten min. all the info is on the site I told you about and what a great way to hang out with the young ones.