Thread: Zen-Ray???

Default Zen-Ray???

Anyone heard of Zen-Ray bino's? Camera land is carrying them now and I was hoping to get some field reports or perhaps someone has a link to a good review or two.

Everyone that I've heard try them loves them. Everyone else is skeptical whether they are really that good. Some claim that they are even better than their swaro SLCs, which is saying something IMO for 1/3 the price. I'm already setup in the bino world for my wife and I, but if I wasn't I'd be grabbing a set of those 10X43 ED2 for only $412. The only major complaint I've heard is about the focus knob coming off or something like that for some people.

I'd give Doug a call, being as he gets to look through all the glass all the time, I'd value his opinion. Of course for me warranty can be a nice thing as things WILL eventually break and its nice to send them into the manufacturer, however you could just buy 3 zen-rays for the price of one swaro SLC and be even. Is the warranty worth it in that case?? Well thats up to the buyer. Just buy them so I can field test them for ya.

Forum Sponsor

The ED II's are in the same optical class as the Promaster Elite ED's, and superior to the Pentax DCF SP's, Nikon Monarch ATB's, Along the lines of a Vortex Viper, etc
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Lujon, Since your over in the desert making that BIG "Tax Free" Money, why don't you just go ahead and Buy the New Swarovski EL's, and be done with it, they got them here in Anchorage at a measly $2400. I saw a pair at Mountain View Sports....Plus, you won't need a review on these at all.

Default Zen-Ray

There's quite a few reviews and comparisons of Zen-Ray binos on the link below.

I'd feel bad about posting a forum sponsored by one of Cameraland's competitors but Doug always has better prices so I don't think he's in danger of loosing any business.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=9

Zen-Rays site
    http://www.zen-ray.com/

There's a few other reviews if you do a web search for Zen-Ray.

Forum Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    There's quite a few reviews and comparisons of Zen-Ray binos on the link below.

I'd feel bad about posting a forum sponsored by one of Cameraland's competitors
    Don't feel bad about the action. Our Dad has taught us that if we treat our clients correctly, run our business the way he always have and continue to treat folks as members of the Camera Land family we really do not have any "competition" just some other guys that offer the same physical products but not our Camera Land level of service and dedication .
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com