Thread: Lake Louise to Maclaren River Lodge

Default Lake Louise to Maclaren River Lodge

Can anyone give me any info on the run from Lake Louise/Lake Susitna to Maclaren River Lodge. Has anyone done it this year, or heard if anyone has? Any idea what the snow conditions are like? I know a few years back they were breaking a trail trough but don't know if it has been done lately.

We kicked a lot of sticks Monday while boondocking near LL. Not a good year for snow except on the lakes. Might be a very shallow year for the lakes unless there is significant snow before ice out or heavy rains early in the summer.

I was dreaming of a run to LL from Tangle Lakes.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the update on the snow conditions around your area. Sorry to hear of the marginal conditions. Maybe next year. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

You can always take the Eureka trails map out and see how many you can travel. Tolsona to Crosswinds to Lake Louise to Eureka would be a nice trip and some is groomed.

http://www.eurekalodge.com/trails.html

http://www.lakelouisesnowmachineclub.com/

The weather is awesome this year! Be sure that your machine is jetted correctly if required. We had a heat wave and lost a lot of power mid-day. With 26 HP I can't afford to lose much.

Mike

Thumbs up Lake Louise to Maclaren River Lodge

The Anchorage Snow Machine Club is doing a ride from Lake Louise to Maclaren River Lodge on March 13th and 14th. Should be a great ride and Erik is the leader of that. I wish I could make the trip myself! See the link here: http://www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.c...ren%20Ride.pdf

Good Luck!!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

The trail is in they ran the dog race on it.
    Tim

Good news on the trail being in.

We're playing it by ear and prepared to run the river route.

Running rivers may be hit or miss. The area has had warmer than normal weather. We ran some smaller creeks Monday and there was 20% overflow on them. A couple hundred feet here and there costs a lot of time and fuel.

Run the chain of lakes to the Sue river then up the Maclaren to the canyon. prior to the canyon look for Bert's trap line trail to the north. Take that overland to the Denali hwy. You'll come out about 10 miles west of the lodge. Turn right & zip down the Hwy to Macleran lodge.