Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok finally got my albums up

Default ok finally got my albums up

k got all my albums up for the viewing so check em out!

Release Lake Trout

Default Dont see anything

No photos?????????

Good looking photos. To find them cick on the 'Hunt&FishAK' on the post, choose 'view user profile' and there are galleries on the right hand side of the page that comes up. There are some really cool pictures in the scenery and in the hunting galleries.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Default Nice photos

Good one, gotta get my act together on the photo album thing

What's the story on that wounded Black Bear, was he hit on the road or what, did you figure out why he was so light?

Nice Scenery shots also

Default nice

Thanks for taking the time to share them with us. Very nice indeed. Yes and I need to get off my lazy butt and get mine done as well.

Default Thank you

Neat pictures. I guess it's time we all put our pictures for other to see.

Who else has their album up? I threw up a few a couple of months ago. I'd like to look at more member albums, but I'm not just going to troll through hundreds of users to find a few.

If you've got 'em, share 'em!

Default nice pics

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I guess I should update my photos too.

Finally about time u did it, but after all these years of us going in the field,u have alot more pics of hunting I want to see....my sheep picture sure looks good.if any one wants to check my photos out feel free,have about 100

Took me a minute to realize there was more than the 2 albums shown on your home page - Looks like some fun times - thanks for sharing. I put up a few a couple months ago as well - great way to share

thanks everyone for the comments.......that black bear had a broken leg and he was tryin to fight his way thru 5-6 foot of snow! there were alot of people snappin pictures at him and they didnt like us at all, but seein how the season was open we went ahead and took him. We think he either got hit by an avalanche, a snowmachine, or a car (doubtful).... but anyway he was really havin a tough time surviving....no fat on him whatsoever. sure did make a nice little rug though.

Kotton the only other huntin photos i have are in my photobook, i dont have a scanner anymore....besides i have alot more pictures of your kills than mine.

Release Lake Trout

Default Added some more photos

since Kotton said i needed more photos i added a few....enjoy

Release Lake Trout

Default Nice Albums

man, Kotton, those are great pics but,

I tracked down a bit of the Bear Hunt Story you did on that Brown Bear that went down hard... You should write that up as a thread starter and tell the whole story.. That is one incredible story and good info for others.

I'll post and see if i can get the link in an Edit

klutina scare
    we were puting final stalk on a grizzly. we were moving up a creek bed and it split into a y at base of mountain. we split up ,my brother and wess were going right i went left .the bear was within range from base of hill when we last spotted him. i was walking slowly and only took a few steps when i seen the bear 30yrds threw a stand of willows to my left,ihad my scope on 3 power i was shooting a s&w .338win. i did not want to take the facing on shot but looking at a bear 30yrds i felt confident, i aimed between the eyes,I dont no cause i was so close but the bullet went in low in the neck i started hollering for my brother only feet away threw the brush,the bear fell on butt then started bawling running full speed in cicles backwards from 25 yrds now talk about a rush! i put two mor rounds in his chest and still didn't go down thank god wess showed up wide eyed {this was his first bear hunt}he got a shot with a .300 ultra mag,while i was reloading the bear still at full run up creek bed, my brother finally was with us,he had back up gun and was not backing up very well. shot him in both front shoulders with a 470 nitro express talk about awsome .the bear reared up from impact still took a few steps and triped over a log.It all lasted but 60 seconds and the bear took five solid shots to vitals with large cailibers, but still managed to cause quite a scare. u should of seen what he tore up,and if wanted would have been able to tear us up.ive hunted bears most of my life and have seen them killed with a well placed shot with .243 and have taken a couple with a .30-06 and .300win, but will never go in a brushy stalk again with out a .338 or bigger. we recoverd the .470 bullit fully mushroomed,passed threw both shoulders and was on oppisite side under skin.here is the bear back at home.9'7"

Kodiak Rain I was with Kotton for most of this hunt....while they put that stalk on the bear i was back at camp.....i did however help Kotton skin that dammed thing out.....talk about a JOB! Definately alot of torn up ground and i wish i had been there to see the show.....someday Kotton im gonna steal a front claw off that beast! matter of fact lookin at the pic thats me holding the gun to the right.....howd i get cut out? jerk

Release Lake Trout

So much for the rules in the 2010 Hunting Gallery....theres a bunch of last years animals and comments on there..........hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    So much for the rules in the 2010 Hunting Gallery....theres a bunch of last years animals and comments on there..........hehehe
    The rules will be enforced. I usually give folks a day or two grace period on that one...sometimes longer when I'm busy grading papers at the end of the quarter.

Default nice pix

Wow, Hunt and Kotton, those are some great pix. Super bear and sheep. Way to go.
    I updated my albums too, take a look.

I was able to set up an album a while back, going to have to scan my pre digital pics one of these days

thanks goaty man id sure love to hunt that aleknagik area.....great pics and great animals.

Release Lake Trout

I wanted to tell the hole story of my bear hunt but kept short as could to not change topic,but after reading other hunting storys I am Leary of geting the negitive comments, but for the request of Kodiakrain,I'll get it posted in next few days. because I usally take pics of the trip and forgot the camera that one only have pics of back at home and I already told the exciting parts....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast