Thread: Worse than waiting for Christmas

Default Worse than waiting for Christmas

The draw is geting closer and is down to less than a month away. I can feel it coming I am going to have a great year with a bison, sheep, and goat, well mabye an elk thrown in there too but I am not so confident on that one.................................................. ...Well until the results come out I plan on hunting all of these this year that is until the draw comes out and yet again my dreams of a bison are crushed with the inevatable "you did not win any drawings" again. But somebody has to draw it so good luck to all this year I hope that you get what you really want

What's everyone waiting for? I drew unit 20 caribou...

Of course, it did cost me a little extra (the cost of a deposit with 40 Mile) to lock in my draw.

Good luck to all the guys and gals waiting for the draw! Hope you get your top choice.

What is the deal with having a license? Since we put in for the draw before December do we have to purchase this years license to get drawn or if you had your license when you submitted is that good?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

So why does it take so long to get the results? They have to keep re-drawing until they get the results they want? Just kidding ... I think.
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    What is the deal with having a license? Since we put in for the draw before December do we have to purchase this years license to get drawn or if you had your license when you submitted is that good?
    Last years licence is legit. ADFG requires either last years or the news years licence as an effort to keep the animal rights nazis from applying for tags that they would like to get just so hunters wouldnt get them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by GreginAlaska View Post
    So why does it take so long to get the results? They have to keep re-drawing until they get the results they want? Just kidding ... I think.
    LOL greg as i understand in part is waiting for the BOG to finish with cow hunt and tag autorizations....

i know unit 20A just got and extra 500 cow tags and if implemented in time those some of those could be awarded for the fall hunt
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Maybe they could release those hunts that have been drawn for...or maybe bump up these meetings a little earlier in the year. THe idea was to get results sooner so people could plan for hunts. Instead we have to apply earlier, and the results come out at the same time. bogus smogus

I'm anxious too.. I was looking at the finances last night thinking how nice it would be to know what tags I was going to draw!

Default Still Earlier

At least it is still earlier than it used to be. A couple of more months to put our hunts together than it was in the past.