Thread: Wasilla Sportsman's Warehouse

Default Wasilla Sportsman's Warehouse

With the Dimond Center location closed, did they move inventory over to Wasilla. Seems like they have a lot more reloading supplies than they did awhile ago.

hap

Quote Originally Posted by fremont View Post
    With the Dimond Center location closed, did they move inventory over to Wasilla. Seems like they have a lot more reloading supplies than they did awhile ago.
    Uh, that is interesting... Must have been some other store I was in yesterday that just looked like SW...

Actually, they just came through bankruptcy and are finally getting some goods in. The suppliers refused to give them product for quite a while...
    art

New trophies are up, racks full of guns, and all the chicom stuff you can throw your credit card at! (I'm kinda cheesed off that when they have a 10% customer appreciation sale, the fine print basically says: "10% off storewide! Except anything not made in China.")

Ahhh well. It is good to have 'em back. I thought for a little while that we might end up pulling in a Cabelas or something.

The sales staff seems a lot more upbeat. It's good to have that little nastiness over with.

WHAT? The Dimond location is closed? I guess it has been awhile since I've made the trip to the south side.

I have noticed the Wasilla location always has better stocked shelves compared to ANC SW. Especially the reloading section.

is the anchorage store back open? i really hate paying sales tax!
    Semper Fi!

Bought some ammo at SW in ANC on Tuesday; drove by the storefront on Wed; seemed open to me.

hap

The Anchorage store did not close. Inventory has been increasing since their reorganization...

sure is nice how buisnesses can have financial disaster and keep all good, but the private individual that lives paycheck to paycheck has a financial hiccup, ends up on the street or starving. gm should be out of buisness.
    Semper Fi!

Red face Oops

Guess I better 1) stop listening to rumors and 2) getting out of the Valley once in awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    The Anchorage store did not close. Inventory has been increasing since their reorganization...
    I'm glad you piped-in Art because I did a quick knee-jerk "what the..." reaction when I first read the thread starter. You had to say it twice.

I'll add that I was just in the Anchorage SWH. It was packed. They are doing a promotion where they pop a balloon at check-out and you get a discount contained in the balloon. The discounts range from 5% (guaranteed) up to 100%. I bought a brick of primers and a couple of odds and ends...got 20% off.

Doc

After our last trip up to the Diamond location 2 months ago I'm never shopping at SW again. Guys behind the gun counter need to be behind bars, not selling guns. Some idiot telling a customer to file off the sights on his new Colt Commander or was it a Kimber? Told him to file the sights off so he can stick it in his back pocket for CCW. Said you don't need sights on a belly gun and then proceeded to tell this customer and others around how to effectively kill somebody and then turn the evidence in your favor! I filed a comlaint to management, still haven't heard anything.
    Jerks like these give gun owners a bad name, I guess if you knew anything you wouldn't be jockying a register at a chain store.
    The sheer ammount of Chicom crap was surprising. They wanted $350.00 for a Chinese camo backpack with plastic zippers! I will support the local guys at Wild West Guns and the other folks down here on the Peninsula from now on.
    Sorry for the rant... just disgusted with this WalMart for sportsmen.

Mountaintrekker