Thread: Small game next week?

Default Small game next week?

I need some advice. I have next week open. I teach in Anch and will be on Spring Break. I'd like to do some hunting. I need an area for ptarmigan, from Anchorage. A day trip. I am on snow shoes. Not sure which way to head. Hatcher's Pass, Resurection from Hope? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rising_Creek View Post
    I need some advice. I have next week open. I teach in Anch and will be on Spring Break. I'd like to do some hunting. I need an area for ptarmigan, from Anchorage. A day trip. I am on snow shoes. Not sure which way to head. Hatcher's Pass, Resurection from Hope? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
    I've heard you can find them in Hatcher's Pass. I hope you find some but I don't think your going to get much in the way of details. Just "up high, above tree line" ect. Good hunting spots are closely guarded secrets.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Default Birds

Go to Summit lake and try the hillside avove the lake across from the highway. The summit lake on the way to Seward. Ten years ago we shot a bunch of them one fine March day. Its too bad the lodge isnt open in the winter.

Hey thanks for the info. I picked up some details on PM that may prove helpful. I'll post pics if I bag a few.