Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show off your rimfires!

Default Show off your rimfires!

I love my rimfires more and more these days with ammo through the roof for centerfires....

Here's my sig522.. love this thing, takes BDM mags and eats anything you put in it!

And the classics...

Top is an old Savage C4, bottum is a glenfield model 25

How accurate is that sig, looks neat. I want to build a custom 10/22, but i cant wear out my current one. I guess I'll just have keep it and do a complete custom one to add to the collection.

I am getting 2 inch groups offhand at 50 yards, 1-1.5 on the bench. Its good enough to consider hunting small game with. It eats any ammo you put in it, lead or plated... I love it.

Default My rim fires

.22 cal 53b springfield and 5mm Rimington Rimfire Mag. model 592.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

22LR Bruno Model 2

Quote Originally Posted by 340Wby View Post
    22LR Bruno Model 2
    Cool gun 340, I have a Brno model 1.

Model 1's are another sweet Bruno! Had one about 10 year back.

I aint got any pics yet, but I love the rimfires too! My son shoots a Henry mini-bolt .22, my wife has a Cimarron SA .22 mag and a Henry golden boy .17 HMR, and I have a Henry H001T .22 rifle, and a Ruger MK II standard that drives tacks.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Well, here is a picture of mine. Model 1969 Romanian. I got it as a cheap project rifle at I could play with and not be out much if I some how messed it up. I machined the action to cut a key-way and machined some A-bolt scope mounts to go on it. Also refinished and reshaped the stock a bit, fun winter project, should have stained it though. Glass bedded the action and free floated the barrel except for a pressure pad at the front of the stock. Installed bushings and new pins in the trigger and sear to tighten them up and worked on the contact surfaces a bit to reduce pull and creep in the trigger. Lots of time into it but also a lot learned.

About the only thing I do not like about it now is the scope, I put a cheap BSA on it, so I could put the Leupold on the 06. Quite frankly I think I liked the irons sites better then the BSA.

Fit and finish on these make a Savage look like a custom display rifle but they function and shoot well. I am not sure if these rifles are still available on the surplus market but I wish I had ten of them especially given what I payed for this one.

I am convinced a great side affect of having kids is you get to buy more guns and kids need rim fires - I guess we have a rim fire addiction. Some old, some new you just can't have too many. A couple of my girls pride and joys -

These rimfires have been in the family since I was a kid. I recently had to replace the old bushnell that was on the rifle with the Leuplod. It was just getting too hard to see through it. I tend to be a bit old fashioned Raven, but those two rifles you have there are pretty neat. My daughter thinks so to. I may have to see about something like that to keep her interested.

1967 Marlin 39A Golden Mountie and Old Model Single Six

talk about a matched set... they look like they were made for each other. Love 22 wheel guns, they are a blast.

Ruger 10/22 with WhistlePig barrel. This project was a lot of fun and she's a tack driver!

1022build.jpg
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    Ruger 10/22 with WhistlePig barrel. This project was a lot of fun and she's a tack driver!

1022build.jpg
    Thats a neat looking rifle as well. I think I've kind of been missing out on some of the 10/22 technology out there. I never really considered color schemes like these here.

Quote Originally Posted by Armymark View Post
    I tend to be a bit old fashioned Raven, but those two rifles you have there are pretty neat. My daughter thinks so to. I may have to see about something like that to keep her interested.
    The key was keeping the girls interested. We were after light weight since the girls are of smaller stature, nice trigger pull since they have been spoiled - they helped put them together and learned how they work from the inside out -

I have the old fashioned end covered with my guns and wouldn't have played with the new ones if it wasn't for the kids - Thats my story and I am sticking to it!

Old Fashioned rim fires:
    Stevens 32 Long Rim Fire

Stevens Crack shot 22

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    The key was keeping the girls interested. We were after light weight since the girls are of smaller stature, nice trigger pull since they have been spoiled - they helped put them together and learned how they work from the inside out -

I have the old fashioned end covered with my guns and wouldn't have played with the new ones if it wasn't for the kids - Thats my story and I am sticking to it!

Old Fashioned rim fires:
    Stevens 32 Long Rim Fire

Stevens Crack shot 22
    Well rounded I like that.

Savage 17HMR DuraCoat done up right by Hunt_AK!!

Quote Originally Posted by zacsquatch View Post
    I love my rimfires more and more these days with ammo through the roof for centerfires....

Here's my sig522.. love this thing, takes BDM mags and eats anything you put in it!

And the classics...

Top is an old Savage C4, bottum is a glenfield model 25

I have that exact GlenField Model 25. Bought it when I turned 10 with my Potato Picking Money . Think I paid 42 dollars for it in 1973. Still have it and shoots like a dream. First gun I owned. Wish I had a dollar for every box of shells I put through it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    We were after light weight since the girls are of smaller stature, nice trigger pull since they have been spoiled - they helped put them together and learned how they work from the inside out -
    You and your cool .22's...

You said lightweight...how light are we talkin'?

Here's a couple of my favorite rimfires-top is a Winchester 52 repro and the bottom is a 1951 Winchester 61 slide action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast