Thread: Good Fly Fishing Guide Service Out of Anchorage?

Default Good Fly Fishing Guide Service Out of Anchorage?

Can I get a guide out of Anchorage who will pick us up at hotel or meet there somewhere and take 2 of us fishing for 1 day easily? Thinking about Sept 15th-20th because it works into the schedule pretty well and flights are cheap. I figure that I probably should have laid down a deposit sooner than right now. We prefer float fishing in drift boat or raft, both have quite a bit of experience and good gear, we don't really care too much about species or racking up numbers. Big rainbows would be nice though but we'll fish for anything as long as it's scenic and fun. Thanks.

Your trip timing would be perfect for a float on the Upper Kenai. Contact Troutfitters in Cooper Landing via their website. Google, "Alaska Troutfitters". Top notch fly shop and guiding service. Perhaps 1.5 hours south of Anchorage. Pretty ride down there too. That is where I would be spending my money and time if chasing bows in late Sept was the game. Actually, that is where I will be. Spending ten days or so down there for "Troutstock".

Benjy,

Enable private messages in your user profile. Often folks will share some info with ONE person via private messages, but won't put the info on the web for the world to see.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Enable private messages in your user profile. Often folks will share some info with ONE person via private messages, but won't put the info on the web for the world to see.
    I enabled email, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable PM. I just assumed that it didn't get enabled until after a certain length of time. Thanks for the info, will check them out.

Due to the recent issue with members getting spam in the PM accounts, new members can't immediately use the PM feature.

Anyhow, I agree with Dan that if you're going to book one AK trip near Anchorage that you float the upper Kenai. Not a long drive from Anchorage (~2 hrs or less), beautiful country, legendary water, possibility of some true hogs.

I sent you an email with a recommendation for a guide. At least I think I did... never used the forum email feature before. Let me know if you don't get it.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Thanks Wyo2Ak. I was wondering what the deal was. Noticed this issue with a few new members lately.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.