Thread: Ski-Doo V-800 recall...warranty issue....?

Default Ski-Doo V-800 recall...warranty issue....?

I have a 2009 Ski-Doo SWT, and received a Recall-Warranty letter today. Has anyone had a problem with this part......? They say stop riding, and take to dealer, but the dealer is 100 miles away, so that is 400 miles for drop off and return trip to pick-up. If it is not urgent I would like to wait till end of April. Anyone had a problem......?

Thumbs up

If you didn't have to sign a receipt for certified mail, they have no way of knowing you got the notice. Warranty would still apply. Seasons about over, I would wait and get it fixed in summer. What part is failing on them? If it is something that might leave you walking out, then get it fixed asap.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

To be honest I don't know, I left the letter in the plow truck, on the farm. But they did say stuff could explode, resulting in injury and/or death, and that always mess's up my day. I hate it when stuff explodes.......

Default Google

I did a quick google search and found this.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/recal...c-recalls.html

Not sure if this is the one your talking about, but you should be able to find something on it if you do a search.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by onstep View Post

Yep, that is the one I got today..........does not sound that bad to me...

Wink

Wow!
    In reading all the talk on the matter, it sounds like you need to fix it yourself and do the additional modifications that others have come up with on their own. If I owned one, I would find out as much as I could and clean and fix it myself, beyond the scope of the recall. Sounds like there are more problems than SkiDoo wants to admit to. I would follow the advice of the guys that own, ride and fix them, as opposed to the guys that want to put a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~