Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews Z7

Default Mathews Z7

I went to our local archery shop with two of my buddies last night and they each bought a new Mathews Z7. Now that is a bow. They are really fast and smooth. I was a little jealous I must say. However, I still like my PSE Firestorm especially after they each spent over $1100 before we left. That is after they had a few accessories added on - everything except new quivers.
    I may have to wait and pick up a used one here in a year or so.
    Any of you guys shooting the Z7? Had any troubles with them?

Andy

Default What shop?

I've been thinking about doing the same thing but I'm don't really want to drop that kind of cash (but I probably will eventually). Which shop did they go through and how was the service?

Thanks,
    bnkwnto

In just a few short months you'll be seeing them for sale on Archery Talk for half of what they paid for them. I've never seen a place that sells more bows than that site.

im planing on geting one but im waiting for permit results to come out first might need a new rifle if i dont get my archery moose permit.

In just a few short months you'll be seeing them for sale on Archery Talk for half of what they paid for them. I've never seen a place that sells more bows than that site.
    I've probably bought a dozen bows from there in 4 yrs. Not once did I pay more than a 1/3 of retail for vitually brand new bows. Funny thing is, none of them made me shoot any better so I haven't bought a new bow in three years.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    I've been thinking about doing the same thing but I'm don't really want to drop that kind of cash (but I probably will eventually). Which shop did they go through and how was the service?

Thanks,
    bnkwnto
    bnkwnto,
    We are actually in Indiana - I know that doesn't help you. They are great bows and when I can buy one at a cheaper price I probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post

I picked one up off AT for $800 shipped and set up pretty nicely shortly after the bow came out. I have been shooting the heck out of it for the past few months and have not had a problem. All I can say is it is the smoothest bow I have ever shot. Paul Asman can attest it is a good 3D Bow!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default How do you like those FOBs

Hunt'N'Photos

I see you are shooting FOBs. How do you like them? I think I am going to get some. I know that a lot of folks are shooting them up there, but I sure haven't seen any here in Indiana.

Default nice setup

HuntNPhotos
    That's a nice setup. I guess I'll go to a local bow shop and shoot one and price it. Then decide whether or not it's worth it to try AT.
    Thanks

Default Backcountry Archery

Go talk to Bill at backcountry archery...he has one in the shop (or did a week or two back).

It did look SWEEET.

Hunt'N'Photos - And you even FOB'd it!!! Z7 plus FOBs is an AMAZING combination.

Congrat's,

Taylor

-[]-------->

Quote Originally Posted by snagbro1 View Post
    Hunt'N'Photos

I see you are shooting FOBs. How do you like them? I think I am going to get some. I know that a lot of folks are shooting them up there, but I sure haven't seen any here in Indiana.

So far so good. I am looking forward to testing them out for real on the haul road next month. They really shine at longer distances when there is a bit of a cross wind. Definitely don't try and group them. My first two arrows were touching each other and the second arrow went through the FOB on the first. It was cool looking, but hard on the FOB!

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    HuntNPhotos
    That's a nice setup. I guess I'll go to a local bow shop and shoot one and price it. Then decide whether or not it's worth it to try AT.
    Thanks
    Bill had one at back country archery in Anchorage when I went in there the other day. I think that the new shop in Wasilla had a few as well. Once you shoot it you will not want to put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Hunt'N'Photos - And you even FOB'd it!!! Z7 plus FOBs is an AMAZING combination.

Congrat's,

Taylor

-[]-------->
    Marc, it was a combination of all you have typed about them and then Paul at Archers Den letting me try some out that sealed the deal I am really looking forward to poppin one onto the tundra through the side of a caribou soon!

Default Z7

I shouldn't have done it...I went down to talk to Bill at Backcountry archery and shot a new Z-7, a bowtech destroyer, and a reezin. I didn't like the bowtech at all. The reezin was ok but the Z-7 was amazing. The smoothest bow I've ever shot. I forsee a new bow in my future soon. I hate to hang up my old SQ2 but the Z-7 is so sweet!

Default Z7

I too recently gave up my Q2 for the new Z7. I have been wanting a new bow for several years and glad I waited. It's shooting 265fps at 60lbs and my Q2 is shooting 265fps at 70lbs draw. I may eventually go up to 70, but I really want to dial this baby in. I don't shoot tournaments or much in the off season and still I am getting great groups with it while shooting through a biscuit. The bow is very smooth like everyone talks about, but I love how forgiving it is. I have not got the chance to paper tune it yet, but plan to.The price tag was but it was well worth it. Looking forward to showing it off in trophy pics this year.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

picking mine up today... the wife bought me one for my birthday this year..

set it up with the mathews down force, spot hog 5 pin and FOBs here as well... also got the battle drum wraps for them this year... will get some pics up later....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Z

You will really like that set up Vince, I got mine a couple months ago and love it. I was thinking I would put a QAD on but it came with the down force and I really like it. The Z is a great shooting bow and very smooth on the draw. Good luck and good hunting.

Sweet Vince! Let us know how it shoots. I am on my way out the door with my daughter to shoot mine!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

love it!!! shot it at the range yeterday for a bit to dial it in... now setting up the range in the yard again... WOW ... 60lbs on the Z vs 60lbs on the old martin is the same weight... but effort to draw the Z is 1/2 it is a sweet bow.. i really like the down force drop away with the FOBS works slick... not sure i like the spot hog on it though... and OH is she quite...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I love my downforce with the FOBS. Its a heck of a combination! I have the sword centurian single pin for a sight and love that as well. On my older LX I have the HHA single pin and that one is sweet too. Dont think you could go wrong with either. I have heard good things about the spot hogg, but I prefer the single pin. Alot less to think about once you draw back.

yeah this is my first multii pin... just not sure i like it...

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast