Thread: Big Head

Default Big Head

I recently bought a new 2010 Tundra LT. I was going to buy a quality helmet but nobody in Fairbanks has a snowmobile helmet that is big enough for my head. I have a 7 3/4 size head which is rather large but not that huge. What do other big heads do for a good helmet? I have no problem finding one for my 4 wheelers but the combination snowmobile helmet is a different deal.

RMK

Default Try Sea Marita in Anchorage

My normal helmet is an open face XL. I wanted a big one for wearing warm head gear on really cold days. I found a XXXL at Sea Marita in Anchorage. It was half off at the end of last year, so it didn't even cost much.

Dennis Kirk also has a mega selection of helmets. You can find them online.

My nugget is 7 3/8 and I wear a XXL. A XXXL should fit you fine.

Like RMK said, Dennis Kirk (or JR Graham) online, or any of the Anchorage area dealerships next time you're down this way.

I have tried the combination helmets with the full face shield at every place in Fairbanks. They all have XXXL size but none will fit me. The Ski-Doo one at Compeaus came the closest but none of the others even allowed me to get my head started in. The one from Compeaus pressed real hard into my temples and would not allow me to put on my glasses.

I am a 7 5/8 and I have an xl modular and it fits nice. I cant put more than a barclava on under it though.

Give Darby's a call and they can order one for you. I just had to get a new shield and they were the only ones that didn't try to sell me a whole new helmet.

BTW my helmet is a GMAX 44s If you would like to give it a try just let me know. I live in North Pole.