Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Dream Boat!

Default My new Dream Boat!

I have been taking welding classes and hope one day I can build my own boat. This is what I hope to have one day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    I have been taking welding classes and hope one day I can build my own boat. This is what I hope to have one day.

Feel free to build me one too

That is a nice looking ride for sure. The wife and I would be very very comfy in that rig
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Can ya build me one too?? ?? ??
    And a set of davits so I can hang it off the back of my dream boat!!!!
    This little 525 footer is owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE, and Crown Prince of Dubai. But he said he would let me have it for $300 million. But you get a helipad and submarine hanger for that!!!

http://www.newluxuryitems.com/most-e...cht-world.html

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Can ya build me one too?? ?? ??
    And a set of davits so I can hang it off the back of my dream boat!!!!
    This little 525 footer is owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE, and Crown Prince of Dubai. But he said he would let me have it for $300 million. But you get a helipad and submarine hanger for that!!!

http://www.newluxuryitems.com/most-e...cht-world.html

I would hate to try to run that down the canyon on the Kenai. Then again the weather on skilak would never be and issue again

Yup! The locals are getting stir crazy. You guys need to get out and wet some lines!

That's a beautiful dream and best of luck to you on your new welding project. Don't forget to take pics along the way!

Smile

You will be happy with that my friend. Remember, boaters always want another 2 feet when they get one (hint).

Very nice. Best of all, it has a flying bridge. I cringe when I see so many of these $50-150,000 boats that don't have a flying bridge. That would be feature #1 on any boat I ever bought or built. Nothing better than sitting on the flying bridge while cruising through a sunny Prince William Sound day.

Default Flying bridge

Thats why I really like this boat! Just a great look to it!

I just love the flying bridge but the solid look of the cabin as well as the stream line look of this boat is kick butt. I would love to anchor up some where and just kick it and explore the sound in something like that

Default Looks Tough

yeah, that looks pretty Bad alright, how long is the plan calling for,

Remember more length = more speed and efficiency, but that is one tough looking rig as it is, I want a ride when it's done

Nice on the Flying Bridge also

How would you power it?

Default Price

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post

That is one sweet boat! What's the price on something like that? $200k?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Very nice. Best of all, it has a flying bridge. I cringe when I see so many of these $50-150,000 boats that don't have a flying bridge. That would be feature #1 on any boat I ever bought or built. Nothing better than sitting on the flying bridge while cruising through a sunny Prince William Sound day.
    Picture this: Cruising at 30 knots on a blue bird June day in the sound. You have three of your best buds up on the fly bridge with you. What do you think this does to your center of gravity? Fly bridges are designed for much longer, wider, and heavier boats in my opinion. At displacement speeds, sure, but not on plane with a relatively small boat.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Power,

Twin Honda 150's. With a 9.9 kicker. I would have two nice elctric down rigers and a Pot puller also. I don't think I would ever be home from may-aug.
    Dang I like this boat. I'm currently waiting for a reply on the cost for plans and or kit!

A cold beer and a warm day on the flying bridge sounds like a good way to spend summer days on the water.

There are two Norvelles here in Juneau, one is the same boat as your dream boat pictured with out the flying bridge yellow and white called the Killer Bee. It was sold by the original owner after two years. It was on the market for $130,000 with twin 175 suzukis. The other is a 32' with flying bridge it is maroon and white it is called the Icy King. Those boats are sweet for sure. The designs are by responsemarine I believe.

Sobie2
    Last edited by Sobie2; 03-03-2010 at 11:26. Reason: fixed info

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I see so many of these $50-150,000 boats that don't have a flying bridge.
    I had a Bayliner 2556 many years ago with a fly bridge. That was one of my "must haves" (or so I thought). Turns out, I never used it much. As "spoiled one" has mentioned, it interfered with the center of gravity and made that boat more tippy than it already was, and probably more so, the weather wasn't conducive to riding up there very often at all. I didn't have that boat very long for those (and certainly other) reasons.

Default Welding your own savings?

It would be interesting to hear what you can build your own boat for with your new found Welding Addiction

Got any ideas yet on the amt Alum it will take?

Good Luck to ya, don't quit on that dream, it's probably gonna test your endurance before you launch it but,

"We'll be waiting for the Launch Report and Pictures here"

Default 20' presently under construction

I too am taking welding classes (UAA) and am constructing a 20-inch (yeah I know I said 20-ft to make you look.............) model similar to the boat you want to build some day. Also just invested in a new TIG machine. Where are you taking welding classes?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default UAA

Just started really. Looking forward to getting more welding experience.

6000lbs of aluminum is what the company says I will need for my build.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Picture this: Cruising at 30 knots on a blue bird June day in the sound. You have three of your best buds up on the fly bridge with you. What do you think this does to your center of gravity? Fly bridges are designed for much longer, wider, and heavier boats in my opinion. At displacement speeds, sure, but not on plane with a relatively small boat.
    Hey, I didn't claim to know what I was talking about, just what I like. Really though, I don't think the wife and I could live without a flying bridge. If that meant a far slower boat, so be it. Other than an engine that works, flying bridge would be priority #1.

Of course, I don't have a boat at all, so I'm just dreaming.

You guys all know what BOAT stands for....

BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast