Thread: HS Precision Rifles?

Default HS Precision Rifles?

I was looking at one a few years ago. Back then they seemed to be an extremely well built rifle for the $$$.
    1/2" guarantee with 3 shots, in-house parts, polymer coating like my 202

Who here has one or handled em. Your thoughts please.

HS says it was good enough to murder Vicky Weaver at Ruby Ridge so it should work for you.

I have handled and shot a few of there offerings. I don't know anybody of any real firearms knowledge that owns one. They have a poor history among competitive shooters. Your bucks can go a heck of a lot further for a lot more rifle than what they can offer. Your paying for a custom made rifle with HS and not getting what you pay for? How is that a deal?

I know a bullet maker that lent them a great deal of money to them when the were still in Northern Arizona. The only way he could get his money out of them was to use their stocks. The guy held a number of World records in Bench rest shooting. All the time he used their stocks, he never won again even locale matches. I know he was happy wen he finally got his money out of them and he went back to McMillan stocks. I don't own one and I would have to be crazy to even think of it. But then again the list is long on the companies who I would not buy from.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

To expand on Amigo Will's eloquent prose, read this:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2138289/posts

It may matter to you; it may not. I don't have a HS Precision, but then again I don't have any rifle similar to what they make. If I'm ever in the market for such, it won't be a HS Precision product that I buy.

Thanks,for what they can find he is the one that fired the first shot at Waco

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Thanks,for what they can find he is the one that fired the first shot at Waco
    like the way you think brother ..waco did not have to happen they could pick up him in the morning on his run that morning ..along with keeping the local sheriff out of the loop intill it was too late .. for sheriff had been out there many times and could have walked up and knocked on the door and was let in along with agents to see the place .

Plus used the military against civilians,no way were FBI driveing those tanks

I had one of their thumbhole stocks on my HP Silhouete rifle back in the early 90's before "H" left the company. Good guy. Great stock and zero would never change whne I took it on/off. Don't think I'd buy one now.

I own four of the Pro-Series Rifles. Three are the Pro Hunter Lightweight Rifles (PHL) chambered in 270 WSM, 7mm WSM and 300 WSM and one is the new Classic Hunter Rifle (CHR) chambered in the .264 Win Mag. Here is my take on the four rifles.

They are great fit and finish, the triggers are as good as a Jewell (I have 8 custom built Rem 700 Titaniums and 11 custom built Colt Light Rifles that all have Jewells on them) and the customer service is second to none. Back in 2000 when HS came out with their own action, they took the good things from a field of differant companies. The safety is a three position style similar to a Win 70. It has a coned bolt, with a much improved "Sako Style" extractor.

I prefer a blind magazine that is why I went with the new CHR style rifle, my other three have a removable magazine. They are of great design, but I prefer a blind magazine as I said.

The accuracy is exactly as they say...1/2" or less, but most of the "proof" loads are not what I wanted to use. Example: The PHL rifles; 300 WSM used a Sierra Match King 168 gr and Varget powder, low velocity, not what I would call a great hunting load. The 7mm WSM and 270 WSM used Nosler Accubonds, but the velocitys were also very low. The CHR rifle .264 Win Mag proof load was a 142gr Sierra Match King with a good velocity.

As for the accuracy I final settled with, about .725" with good (not great) velocity out of all the PHL rifles (22" barrels) shooting Nosler Accubonds in all the WSM calibers. Again these are 6.5lb total weight with scope ready to hunt rifles.

As for the accuracy out of the CHR rifle, that was great, .580" shooting the 140gr Nosler Accubonds at 3100 fps out of a 24" barrel. This rifle has a more sporter weight barrel (that is fluted), where the PHL rifles all have pencil thin barrels that are also fluted.

The accuracy that I mentioned is the rifles "total" average of the load I have chosen. Not as some people say "I have a half inch rifle" but what they should have said is "My rifle shot a half inch group".

One thing is you can't beat the price on their rifles for the features you get. And they do shoot good for that price. Something the company can improve on is their quoted delivery time. I was quoated a six-eight month delivery time, but all my rifles ended up getting to my hands closer to 14 months.

Hope this helps

Its who they support not the gun. Its hard to believe a gun owner supports a company that has a women murder as their spokesman.

Please. This thread is about HS Precision 'rifle' quality & your thoughts regarding their 'rifles'!
    I'm not interested in who runs the company. Just the rifle itself!

And there-in lies the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    HS says it was good enough to murder Vicky Weaver at Ruby Ridge so it should work for you.
    Unbelievable! The OP asked the question, "Who here has one or has handled em?". And the above quote is the answer he gets.

340Wby,
    If you haven't bloodied your forehead from banging your head on the wall, you will, long before your question is answered on this forum.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.