Thread: ADF&G Alaska Conservation Camp - Winter Camp

Default ADF&G Alaska Conservation Camp - Winter Camp

(This camp for youth will include small game hunting and the camp curriculum includes much about hunting. This post also made in the Calendar. Moderators, please advise if posting in related forums is not acceptable. Thanks -jw)

Alaska Department of Fish & Game
    Alaska Conservation Camp
    SPECIAL WINTER CAMP SCHEDULED!
    Monday - Thursday, March 8-11, 2010
    Open to youth, ages 12-16, who have completed ACC Basic Camp
    OR who have completed Alaska Basic Hunter Education
    Camper tuition is $195.00 per camper, payable to OHFA
    (Outdoor Heritage Foundation of Alaska)
    Registration is NOW OPEN!

Click here to download the REGISTRATION PACKET (.pdf)
    As of 3/1/10 at 10 a.m., 12 out of 20 spaces are filled (with 8 spaces left open).

The Registration Packet includes: Cover Sheet, ACC General Info, Information Letter, What to Bring Guide and the Registration Form
    There are 20 spaces open (total) for this special Winter Camp Advanced Module. Spaces will be filled in the order complete registration forms and payment are received. Registration will remain open until Friday, March 5, 2010 or until the camp is full. We may accept up to five "wait-list" registrations. Wait-listed campers are not guaranteed a spot in the camp session. (If a registered camper is unable to attend, we will contact the first person on the wait-list.)
    Return completed registration forms to the Fairbanks Fish and Game office or the range.

Registration packets are available online at www.aimcomm.org, at the Fairbanks Fish &GameOffice (1300 College Road, 459-7206) and at the Fish & Game Range (1501 College Road, 452-5837).

The mission of the Alaska Conservation Camp is to promote a lifetime understanding and appreciation of Alaska’s natural resources and conservation and to give youth “hands on” experience in hunting, shooting, fishing and related skills and activities.

For More Information:

Contact us via e-mail at camp@aimcomm.org or by phone at 459-7231 (Cathie Harms) or 459-7292 (John Wyman).

My kids are too young but I give you guys two thumbs up. When they are old enough, I would like to have them attend. Hopefully in a few years the camp is bigger and better.

Default RE: Alaska Conservation Camp - Winter Camp

Thanks for your comment and support! Anything we can do to help youth get outdoors and learn about fun, safe and responsible hunting, fishing, shooting and wildlife conservation is a good thing! Recent studies show youth of today are connected to the "electronic umbilical" for up to eight hours per day and time spent outdoors is declining at an alarming rate.

The ADF&G Alaska Conservation Camp - Winter Camp includes ice fishing, small game hunting and trapping, winter survival and shelters, field cooking, fire building, snowshoeing, winter overnight, tracks and sign, marksmanship and shooting and much more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    My kids are too young but I give you guys two thumbs up. When they are old enough, I would like to have them attend. Hopefully in a few years the camp is bigger and better.

my son will be there in 2 years.. lol what a great sounding program.. My other 4 kids are female, and not to interested in anything but electronics and boys... ohh , Maybe I can get them out there this year..lol .. I'll talk to the wife..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good deal. Hopefully they will get to clean and eat what they catch and kill. Have you considered adding Trapping to the program? Maybe a big pot of Moose Stew for evening meals.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~