Thread: Spring Black Bear

Default Spring Black Bear

Am planning a drop off spring Black Bear hunt with my 13 year old son in May, he is itching for his first blackie. Am researching PWS or Seward. Anybody have any suggestions on a good reputable air or water taxi that can drop us off in a desirable location. Got dropped off last year at a tough spot, had fun but were unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Default Southeast Air

We used them for several May black bear hunts and have always been very satisfied.

Just keep in mind our mantra for spring blackies - no bugs, no bears. At least it works for us.

Default pws bear

Used bear lake air in seward ( not sure if their still around) in (99), and harvested a very nice 7 foot spring (MAY 31) black bear, in johnstone bay. Good to hear your taking your son! Best of luck!

ls

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfields View Post
    Used bear lake air in seward (
    liscense was pulled by the faa bozos. tim was a darn good pilot too.

have heard good things about flights from moose pass

I flew with Tim several times. He did a great job. He had lots of problems in the end and the FAA pulling his ticket was probably the least of them. He really left me hanging for two years in a row on Montague deer hunts.

Brian M had good luck with Scenic Mountain Air in Moose Pass. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=Scenic
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem