Thread: Sightron scopes?

Question Sightron scopes?

Anyone own a Sightron SII or SIII riflescope? How do they compare with the Leupolds? Anyone have problems with them? All I know about them is what I read on their webpage, so I am looking for other opinions.

Doug- I see you don't sell them. Any particular reason?

Thanks folks.

Forum Sponsor

In the world of optics there are more me too companies out there then anyone could stock or want to. It comes down to choosing which mfg, in our opinion, offer the best glass, overall quality, warranty & service for the money.
    In riflescopes we carry Bushnell, Pentax, Kahles, Zeiss, Swarovski, Vortex and S&B. I think that is a fair selection of scopes that covers all range of varity & price from less than $100.00 thru hiding the purchase from your wife

If you would like to discuss different options in optics I am always available to discuss it.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

I recently purchased an SII. It is bright and clear. The SIIs have 95 per cent light transmission. The SIIIs have 97 Percent light transmission and have 30 mm tubes. The big Sky SIIs are coming out soon. They are 1" tubes that have 97 per cent light transmission. The optical quality of the glass is supposed to be even better than the glass they use in the SIIs with new coatings. They have a pattented windage adjustment system that is much sturdier than most which should benefit hard kicking guns. I also own several Leupold Vari X IIIs. I also own a Nikon Monarch. Monarchs are known for their optical purity. They are made in the Phillipines. The Sightrons are made in Japan. The Leupolds are good scopes that are well made in the USA but are a lot costlier than either of the other two. I like my SII especially for the price. Midway USA in Columbia, MO has a web site you can mail order from. They also have a sale on Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 scopes with the new range adjusting reticle for $229 until the end of January. Get on their web site at www.midwayusa.com. Bring up the scope you are interested in and read the reviews.

Excellent scopes for the money. I have an SII 3-9x42 on my 300 WSM. To me (for my eyes), they are about equal to the Leupold VX-IIIs that I have. Leupold has an edge in the eye relief department, but not by much. I'm looking forward to trying out their new Big Sky scope, but that means I'm gonna need a new rifle.

I haver3 Sightron S2s, all 6-24x42 on varmint rifles. I really like 'em (that's why I got #2 and #3). I think they're right on par with Burris FF2 and Leupold's VX2. I haven't looked at any in the lower powers though, not sure what differences there might be.

The difference in eye relief might be enough to keep me away from the SII though...scope bite is a good way to make a hunt miserable in a hurry... I guess I should look at those numbers on the Leupold and Sightron websites. Thanks guys!

Default Scope

There's been a few people on the boards asking about gear and scopes over the past week or so. thought I'd bring this back.
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!