Thread: valley bowmen reserected

Default valley bowmen reserected

Valley Bowmen hasn't successfully been running the last couple years but it is my and a group of others goal to resurrect it. With sportsman's warehouse and the other two archery shops in the valley support we will give it our all. Sportsman's has already given us a killer deal on the targets, and covered the shipping to Alaska. We have applications available at sportsman's Wasilla, bear paw and screamin eagle. The yearly dues are $10. We are holding our first fun league fund raiser shoot starting march 10th and running every Wednesday night for eight weeks 4-7pm, come any time. It is ten targets, all Alaska animals, unmarked 3d. It is $5 a week for members and $8 a week for non-members, so if your a member and plan on attending every shoot it actually saves you $14 dollars. I have two planned locations that arenít set in stone but i will know this Monday. for more info contact Jake Sherlock at sportsman's warehouse Wasilla or e-mail valleybowman@hotmail.com

I will be making the drive from ft. Rich will try to get some
    other troops to come as well

Good deal. Any chance you can run this thing a little later in the evening? I'll join, but there is no way I could make those Wed times, and I think you are going to run into the same thing with many that work a 9-5. It doesn't take long to shoot 10 targets, but you are going to be jamned up right at 6:00pm when most of the shooters show up. Of course, if you are doing this outside, you really don't have any choice

Glad to see a local club going. We are looking to do the same thing up here in Talkeetna in April or May when the snow melts.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default shoot

Is the shoot inside or out also is there a way to print off the applications from the computer? Sounds like alot of fun.

Default Anwsers.

Its outside and we will shoot as late as there's light. The two locations im still waiting to conferm. The one i want is the ASAA course off trunk road. if that falls through we will do it were we did it last year, right here at the store (sportsman's) down next to the creek. we dont have a website yet but we are getting there.

Well some interest from some here at rich so maybe2-3 of us will
    make it thier. So here are my questions what type of target rhineheart
    mckenzie. Will it be double stake so we can shoot 20 targets. Because long way to drive to shoot 10 targets.

Default questions

This is just a fun shoot to raise money for the valley bowmen, if your competing you score your first arrow your first time through the loop but feel free to shoot as much as you want after that. It is also designed to get people that normal donít shoot 3D to come out. They are delta targets with replaceable vitals. They are way more inexpensive and in the ten years Iíve shot in three different states/weather conditions, are just as durable and easier to pull arrows from at half the cost.