Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 71 year old hunting license

  1. #1
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,049

    Default 71 year old hunting license

    Just think 71 years ago a hunting license was only $1.00 and you could hunt duck with that. So after 71 years license only went up $64 no wonder F&G has no revenue


    http://cgi.ebay.com/HUNTING-LICENSE-...item4cede2d84c
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  2. #2

    Talking

    If that same person went to get a license today, it would be free. Now that is what I call deflationary economics.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Back then you couldn't kill anything anyway. All the cartridges were minimal at best,no sno-go's or wheelers to get to the woods. Heavy wool clothing and canvas tents with wood back pacts. No wonder it was cheap.

  4. #4
    Member Roland on the River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,690

    Default 71 year old license

    Yep, I'm turning 71 in a few days and have had a free hunting, fishing and trapping license for free since age 60. Thanks Alaska.

  5. #5
    Member Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, NY (a suburb of Syracuse)
    Posts
    494

    Default Darned Few Advantages

    There are darned few advantages to getting old - so - you might as well take advantage of getting free licenses where ever available.

    Too bad the "free" licenses don't apply to non-residents. You can bet I would hve one for everywhere I hunt.

    One of the best investments ever made on my behalf was the "Senior Lifetime License" my wife bought for me when I turned 65. Every license I get in New York has been free for the last 10 years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •