Thread: RG340 Kings River Mountain Goat Access

Default RG340 Kings River Mountain Goat Access

For those of you who have hunted goat in Kings Bay I was wondering what the best way of access is. The three that come to mind are boat, wheel plane, and float plane. Could the boat or plane stay over night or do they need to drop you off and pick you up later due to tides or weather or whatever? Did you see many other hunting parties? Any bear problems? Any fishing to be done while waiting for a ride? Would you do it again? Any other insights into that hunt would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    JB

Default Check the success

The success is very low as the goats are mostly up the river. If you check harvest data many years no goats are taken.

Just, looking for a new challenge. That tag seems to be open year after year kind of like Spencer Glacier and Knik. So I figured I could just plan on going instead of waiting to draw a tag in an easier spot. Knik was a mad house this past fall for registration and I am just looking for a little less competition even if it lowers the odds some. If I don't get one it just makes the hike out that much more fun(maybe?).

So do I charter a boat or an airplane?

JB

Default what I'd do...

Can't say I know the right answer but I'd start by calling scenic mt air out of moose pass. Find out what drop of points there are and associated costs...

One of those tags that are a curse to win. Like Spencer Glacier or Nellie Juan Lake.

Taylor

I guess I'm one of the cursed! I drew this tag this year, wondering the same thing about access and success rates...