Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board of Game ponders wolf trapping in Denali buffer zone

Default Board of Game ponders wolf trapping in Denali buffer zone

Tim

Thumbs up

Good enough for now, but next year we need to work on opening it up to Ariel Trapping. The lunatics that got this buffer zone created have got their dues paid in full, for doing it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

wolfwatching

Sorry, but did you really mean "Aerial" Hunting i.e. shooting? Trapping is not usually considered an aerial event but.. okay..
    Sorry again but natures balance is the only perfection left - mess that up and you have irreversible damage that is entirely evident by our current state. The more control you demonstrate the more out of control things become.. Give it another 20 years and you might regret your desire.. Predators are there for a reason, always have been, and that reason is, more than likely, beyond our scope of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Good enough for now, but next year we need to work on opening it up to Ariel Trapping. The lunatics that got this buffer zone created have got their dues paid in full, for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwatching View Post
    Sorry, but did you really mean "Aerial" Hunting i.e. shooting? Trapping is not usually considered an aerial event but.. okay..
    Sorry again but natures balance is the only perfection left - mess that up and you have irreversible damage that is entirely evident by our current state. The more control you demonstrate the more out of control things become.. Give it another 20 years and you might regret your desire.. Predators are there for a reason, always have been, and that reason is, more than likely, beyond our scope of thought.
    Id like to hear more about our irreversible current state.

Akres is an acquired taste, he's been looking for you.

Quote Originally Posted by whitepalm View Post
    Akres is an acquired taste
    yeah, like botulism....
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by whitepalm View Post
    Akres is an acquired taste, he's been looking for you.
    About like Cheap Wine.

Fact is I have been looking everywhere for "the answer". What I do know is this:

We will never be able to fully nor appriecably erradicate the predators, no matter how hard we try.

The Natural Order has NEVER been in balance. Always in a state of ups and downs and those that think otherwise know an awful lot about biology, that just isn't so.

You can trap with a plane.

Wolves breed and proliferate within the confines of a park at an alarming rate. So much so, that their offspring have to leave the park, to eat.

Wolves like to eat the same things I do. So I am always defending my food source.

Killing wolves and all other predators, didn't get us to where we are today. Environmentalists hold the prize for that, exclusively.

Wolfwatchers don't have a clue, much less the answer.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

About like Cheap Wine.

Fact is I have been looking everywhere for "the answer". What I do know is this:

We will never be able to fully nor appriecably erradicate the predators, no matter how hard we try.

The Natural Order has NEVER been in balance. Always in a state of ups and downs and those that think otherwise know an awful lot about biology, that just isn't so.

Wolves breed and proliferate within the confines of a park at an alarming rate. So much so, that their offspring have to leave the park, to eat.

Wolves like to eat the same things I do. So I am always defending my food source.

Killing wolves and all other predators, didn't get us to where we are today. Environmentalists hold the prize for that, exclusively.

Here Here; Good Post!!!!! Don't you love it when a preservationist calls themselves a conservationist!!! God that burns me up!
    Tim

Maybe they should allow limited trapping within the hard park. That buffer zone is only for the east pack, that wanders out of the park. That should be eliminated permanently.
    There are several other packs deeper in the park,that never leave the park, that could sustain limited trapping. that would also increase moose and caribou viewing opportunities for the 400,000 tourist that visit each year.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T View Post
    Maybe they should allow limited trapping within the hard park. That buffer zone is only for the east pack, that wanders out of the park. That should be eliminated permanently.
    There are several other packs deeper in the park,that never leave the park, that could sustain limited trapping. that would also increase moose and caribou viewing opportunities for the 400,000 tourist that visit each year.
    What...and bring a sense of 'balance' back into the scheme? Nah....let 'em take their bus ride into the 'wilderness' and enjoy watching the wolves. Hopefully it inspires them enough to try to winter over in a bus. again
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

wolfwatching

LOL, actually im pro trapping for those schooled enought to actually 'trap' something :-) but I suppose with your absolutism your education will be hard learned. It's easy to spot a 'trapper' in the sense of the word.. They have a keen sense that is obviously lacking amongst the coat tail hangers of cake and eat it too.. Cheers boys!!

What...and bring a sense of 'balance' back into the scheme? Nah....let 'em take their bus ride into the 'wilderness' and enjoy watching the wolves. Hopefully it inspires them enough to try to winter over in a bus. again

wolfwatching

What more can I say? Just like an honorable great white hunter.. LOL Mock a juvenile idiot for dying of stupidity.. If you dont understand the balance of nature than I suggest you STOP being part of er..because, it means you have learned nothing and respect nothing..

wolfwatching

If only we could ALL think along those lines..
    Trap from a plane?? You want to attempt to trap wolves from a plane??!!! Are you mad?! I cant wait to hear of your success!! ROFL!! Good luck with your nets, or wait going to drop down a snair or what? How about a leg hole - you could throw it at them... Please educate me..

About like Cheap Wine.

What more can I say? Just like an honorable great white hunter.. LOL Mock a juvenile idiot for dying of stupidity.. If you dont understand the balance of nature than I suggest you STOP being part of er..because, it means you have learned nothing and respect nothing..

You do realize your posting on the world wide web don't you?
    Tim

wolfwatching

Do you? Mit?

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    You do realize your posting on the world wide web don't you?

Do you? Mit?

Yep I figred it ot after folk sent me dhem messages about how dum dhey thought I were!
    Tim

Folks, this is just becoming a personal pissing match. If you have something of substance to add, please do. If not, let's let this go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Folks, this is just becoming a personal pissing match. If you have something of substance to add, please do. If not, let's let this go.

My apologies..
    Tim

Aerial trapping has gone on for many years. Pilots would fly and find the pack the locate their kill sites. Find a place to put down on ski's and snowshoe over to the kill to set traps. It is highly effective and I believe would accurately be described as "Aerial trapping".

It is unlikely that man will ever be able to have absolute control over much of anything but influence is well within the scope of our capability. We can't change the weather but we can adjust the prey/predator balance to mitigate the massive swings in population created by "mother nature running wild".
    We already influence the natural state in many ways. Firefighting is a huge one! We fight fires to save "structures" constantly and no one complains about the damage that does to the habitat. We could replace this to some degree with logging operations but as we know logging is evil! A well thought out plan for winter logging (if possible) followed by summer controlled burns would do far more than any amount of predator control in most of these areas and potentially turn a profit to boot. But since that will never happen aerial trapping, or "aerial predator control" will suffice to mitigate the effects of some of our other meddling.

I was at the BOG meeting when patricia feral (friends of animals) testified in favor of the buffer on the east border, from the reaction of the board I would guess that they will not reinstate the buffer, The chair of the board lamented the fact that if people wanted more wolf viewing opportunities that the park service should extend the road deeper into the park so other packs of wolves can be viewed.

Another member of the board ask her if she was a friend of all animals or just wolves.

As it stands I guess the only pack that anyone sees is the east pack and they wander out of the hard park. Two fish and game biologist from anchorage trap that pack, and according to the east coast nut job their good at it, I guess the park service gets their collars returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T View Post
    increase moose and caribou viewing opportunities for the 400,000 tourist that visit each year.
    Tourists donít have to drive to the Park to see moose they only have to stay in Anchorage since the moose population is 3x what it should be. Plenty of bear viewing also!

Also thanks for bringing up the Caribou! That will be the next thing ADCF&HM will bring into the Anchorage area

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast