Thread: air fare?

Default air fare?

i hope im looking at the wrong places.the air fair ive found from al. to ak is unreal in price .i guess can anyone suggest a good place to look ?all ive found was 15 - $2000.ak may end up being a pipe dream for me getting there ,a hunt or fishin ,an place to stay .id have to sell the farm . would any of yall thats ben on a hunt or fishin trip from out of state be willin to give me a idea about what it cost yall ?say for a wk or so thx

That sounds pretty high, what airline were you looking at. When I flew out. I booked directly through the airline (Northwest) I'm shopping for flights for this year in August to go back. They are anywhere from 750 to 1250 with Alaska Airline from NJ to AK.

Default AK Air online

Just got a Kodiak to Denver RT only one week ahead of time for $1200 or so(the Kodiak leg is expensive)

Go directly to Alaskaair.com and do your own booking and check all the options as there are cheaper flights with lots of stops or in the middle of the night

Flew all Alaska Airlines to Kansas City earlier this yr (also on a week notice)and I think it was about the same (from Kodiak which is $250-300 itself beyond Anchorage)

IF you watch the sight there are incredible deals now and then

Ok I couldn't resist, I checked alaskaair.com for a trip in Aug 2010 for two weeks and these are cities they go to close to AL (that's Bama right?)

Anchorage - Atlanta $831.50, Anc-Houston $742.50, Anc-KC $786

Try using their Low Price Calendar it's pretty cool,

Hope that helps

Default Buy mileage

You can always look at buying miles to book a rewards flight. Right now you can buy 20,000 miles and get 6000 free bonus miles (till March 31st) for $550. 25K miles will get you a round trip to and from the states if you book far enough in advance. Problem with the lower mileage tickets is they aren't very flexible, and if you do have to change they are either going to charge you more mileage, or $$$. Try to make sure that your dates are firm. Generally you can change the day before or after your flight for free on a stand by notice, so this could help if you are delayed leaving, or tag out early and want to go home.

To buy miles:
    https://buy.points.com/alaska/init.d...LandingBuyBody

To book mileage tickets:
    https://www.alaskaair.com/shopping/S...od=onlineaward

Considering I might have just saved a few of you $1,000 or more for air fare, you can give me a call at 555-1212 to forward the thank you donation to my taxidermy fund.

I fly to Bama from time to time (family is down in Gulf Shores) and we always fly into Atlanta, the cost to get to Pensacola is stupid high!!

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Credit Cards

Do you get solicited for credit cards? I just got an offer of 30K miles for using a United credit card once. It's a tough way to fly BUT lots cheaper than paying $2000.

I pay off my credit dards at the end of each month and, right now, I have 3 "free" trips. Yes, I know, they don't end up actually free and you have to plan way in advance but they are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    You can always look at buying miles to book a rewards flight. Right now you can buy 20,000 miles and get 6000 free bonus miles (till March 31st) for $550. 25K miles will get you a round trip to and from the states if you book far enough in advance. Problem with the lower mileage tickets is they aren't very flexible, and if you do have to change they are either going to charge you more mileage, or $$$. Try to make sure that your dates are firm. Generally you can change the day before or after your flight for free on a stand by notice, so this could help if you are delayed leaving, or tag out early and want to go home.

To buy miles:
    https://buy.points.com/alaska/init.d...LandingBuyBody

To book mileage tickets:
    https://www.alaskaair.com/shopping/S...od=onlineaward

Considering I might have just saved a few of you $1,000 or more for air fare, you can give me a call at 555-1212 to forward the thank you donation to my taxidermy fund.
    Did you notice there are no 25,000 mile tickets they all are 40,000 I checked almost every month from here to Atlanta Ga and surounding areas
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Did you notice there are no 25,000 mile tickets they all are 40,000 I checked almost every month from here to Atlanta Ga and surounding areas
    Ran into the same problem this week. I purchased 4 tickets in July from Dallas to Anchorage roundtrip. Purchased two at full rate and the others were essentially free (companion fare and 40,000 miles). I called AK Airlines and they assured me there are still 25,000 mile deals, you just have to get in there early enough. Take that for what it is worth.

Cost us 45,000 miles to get my wife to Billings today..much cheaper than the $1400 it was going to cost me if I was paying cash

Book way ahead of time and you can get most places AK Airlines flies for 25,000 still.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Deals

I have Alaska Airlines visa. Four of us are coming up from Louisiana (flying from Houston) to Petersburg in July. Two FF tickets, one full fare and one companion for a little over $850. I have also used Alaska Airlines FF ticket to fly to Saskatchewan and Alaska over the last couple of years and each ticket cost about $100. You just gotta plan ahead. I watch my miles build and use that as motivation to plan my next adventure!

Roger- Looks like you are right on that Atlanta deal. Same goes with Orlando. However, you can get to Washington D.C. still for 25,000 miles. Go figure
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Talking

Woops! You meant Air FARE I thought they'd anounced the date for the Palmer Air Fair!