Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking Violation stickers on cars at Plamer Creek Rd.

Default Parking Violation stickers on cars at Plamer Creek Rd.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and signed up in the hopes of getting some info. I've been snowmachining for many years at Plamer Creek Road in Hope. It's pretty much my favorite place. Anyway, several years ago I parked at the airstrip as there was no room near the gate. This was recommended by a local at the time. I returned to find an orange "Parking Violation" sticker stuck on my drivers window....I knew right away if it was legitimate I would have been issued a citation and not had something rudely stuck to my window. The other rigs parked there also had them too. Well today I was there again at what is now an actual parking area they put in last summer I believe. Right after I hop out of my truck I see one of the other trucks there had this same sticker on it. Sure enough after our group got back I had a sticker on my truck and my dad had on on his too as well as some other people that had arrived shortly after us. Does anyone out there know who the idiot is that keeps doing this? I plan on having some words with them when I find out. I already plan on trapping the sucker next time...drive off up the road and then walk back and hide and wait. I figure it's someone that lives pretty close and when they hear your sleds head off up the trail the drive over and sticker your rig. They better hope I never catch then laying hands on my truck! Now I have to get some alcohol to get the sticker goo off my window. Oops! PALMER....not Plamer..
    Last edited by Snag; 02-27-2010 at 23:08. Reason: made typo

so where is this area at?
    Semper Fi!

Yes, we got one yesterday also. If you catch them please install a #10 Can of Woop'arse on there head for me.

Probably some disgruntled nordic skier who hates motorized vehicles.

Who owns the property? You can look that up easy enough. Call the owner or land manager and find out what the parking issue is. Perhaps you guys are parking on private property. If it's OK to park there, then you have a vandal on your hands. Call the cops.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

This is public property. I've talked to state parks people there several times...never been told you can't park there but they did run me off once because it was closed from lack of snow.
    If you go to Hope, take the Palmer Creek/Resurection Pass road on the left. Palmer creek road diverts off to the left (previously stright ahead) There's always been a little space to park but this last summer they redirected the road and made a small parking area just for this place. I think it's a grumpy local that doesn't like anybody around.
    I plan on devoting an hour to catching this dirtbag the next time I'm up there. Like I said, I'll drive up the trail out of sight, walk back down and wait in the trees for a bit. I bet they come around pretty quick after you head out. Sure it's just a sticker on my car not some real serious vandalism but It really rubs me wrong.
    Last edited by Snag; 02-28-2010 at 09:10. Reason: Needed to add more

And what are you going to do if you catch him redhanded? Get in his face? What if he is a real hothead? Maybe he has a bigger gun than you do. Nothing good will come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
    And what are you going to do if you catch him redhanded? Get in his face? What if he is a real hothead? Maybe he has a bigger gun than you do. Nothing good will come from this.

There is only ONE good thing about being real old, at some point you just don't care, and to my way of thinking this falls under DLP. "Don't screw with old men, they have less attachment to staying alive than you would think".

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Not sure if it would help but how about leaving a note for him with your info, maybe he would contact you.

Perhaps get a pic of them sticking them on your window, then turn the info to the authorities, if they think they are above the law perhaps they should speak directly to them.

RMK

Default Parking Fiasco

Hey Snag:

You are 100% correct that it is not the troopers putting the stickers on. That just isn't in the bag of options. I know you can buy those stickers, but I hadn't seen any in years.

Joat offered the best advice of anyone. Find out with 100% certainty who owns the property. It sounds like someone "thinks" they own it whether they do or not.

There is only a few dozen people over there in hope, and a friend of a friend, of an enemy, of an ex boss is one of them. (A thin connection if you get my meaning) I will work through the channels and see what I can find out. If I find out something, I'll let you know

I bought some "adhesive remover" made by 3M that works great for getting the gummy junk off. I hear that "Goo off" or "Goof off" works well also.

Thumbs up

Put a trail cam on the dash. Then post up the picture when you get it. Someone will know the perp. Then all you have to do is google them up and take care of business, at your discretion and on your terms. Think it through and then stomp a mud hole in 'em and kick it dry.

You could also find out where the posters come from. Contact them and ask who in the Hope areas has purchased them. Slip them a few bucks for the info and you have your 'guy'.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Probably won't happen for a while now. There are a few people on here from Hope and odds are, the person doing this or at least one who knows who is doing this is on here and you have just told them your plans for catching them. Odds are they either won't do it for a while or will be more dilligent about making sure nobody is around when they do.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Probably won't happen for a while now. There are a few people on here from Hope and odds are, the person doing this or at least one who knows who is doing this is on here and you have just told them your plans for catching them. Odds are they either won't do it for a while or will be more dilligent about making sure nobody is around when they do.
    Or...the very opposite will happen. Lots of perps, most, love the attention and notariety that comes with it. A little bit of press will often provoke them into action. Sometimes they will up the ante and start doing things a little more antagonizing to their victims. I wouldn't be a bit suprised to hear that this happens. It usually starts out fairly innocent, like putting stickers on windows, next they start breaking windows and putting nails in the parking lots. Forums like this can serve to warn other victims and can also serve to smoke out the perps. The more you can keep it in the "headlines", the more likely they will come out of hiding.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by RMK View Post
    Find out with 100% certainty who owns the property. It sounds like someone "thinks" they own it whether they do or not.

There is only a few dozen people over there in hope, and a friend of a friend, of an enemy, of an ex boss is one of them. (A thin connection if you get my meaning) I will work through the channels and see what I can find out. If I find out something, I'll let you know

The property is owned by the Kenai Peninsula Borough, and is part of a recent subdivision, where-in the borough will be selling 27 lots in Hope, Alaska later this summer.......Maybe. (Note: Do NOT contact me about the sale, contact the Kenai Borough 1-800-478-4441)

RMK

Default The Story from Hope

I checked with the person I know who lives in Hope and they confirmed that Snag and AGL are correct. It is Kenai Borough property, and that parking lot was put in just for snow machine parking.

I was also told that the borough doesn't always plow the road and parking area, and sometimes people then park out on Resurrection Creek Road on the shoulder, and that's a no-no.

If you guys are parked in the parking lot, that doesn't give anyone any reason at all to be putting those stickers on. If it's happened more than once, it is probably a local person. However, my contact didn't know anything about it.

It will probably be tough getting AST down there to deal with it, but it may be worth a shot. I'll let you know if my Hope connection hears anything.

My guess is someone who lives near that parking lot, and hates the sound of snow machines. And if I had to start someplace it would be with the member of this Forum who only posted one post...........but it was an angry post and was about that exact spot. Look up the only post by forum member named TEH HITMAN. I feel it is a reasonable possibility that is the person. He sent me a caustic, disgusting message on this forum three weeks ago. It is clear he has some issue with me, and it is clear he lives near the Palmer Creek Trail Head.

Default Sticker junkie

Hey !!!
    Brian M! Do you want to go snowmachining in Hope. We can take your truck.

One solution to finding out who TEH GITMAN
    just kidding
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Brian M. is the one who deleted the caustic, derogatory, inflammatory message sent to me from TEH HITMAN. I think he must have information on where this persons ISP is. And perhaps other useful information, however I guess he can't disclose that information. I'll find out at church breakfast this coming Wednesday who is responsible for the Parking Stickers. The nice thing about Hope is that a $100.00 bill buys a LOT of information. This person knows my first, middle, and last name, they also know where I live. I will find out who TEH HITMAN is.

Default tracking IPs to an ISP to a member's location

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I think he must have information on where this persons ISP is. And perhaps other usefull information, however I guess he can't disclose that information.
    Using an IP to try to track anyone is over-rated. Internet 102 shows you how you can change your IP anytime to come from any place, for free.

Plus as you say (even as useless as his IP would be to learn) Brian would of course not disclose that to anyone (that's covered in Forum 101).

Uhhh yes I will get in their face...not worried about guns. I don't carry one and wouldn't stoop to pulling it on someone over putting a sticker on my truck. I just don't like people handling my property and having to clean sticker crap off of my window. It's just outright cowerdly to do some petty thing like this hoping to apparantly scare everyone off. I have more in mind to find out who for sure and turn it over to the troopers to have them do their job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast