Thread: Eskimo Parts

Default Eskimo Parts

I'm looking for a couple of the fiberglass poles (or whatever they are made of) for a Quickfish 3. Also looking for the rubber strap that holds on the blade protector for an Eskimo Shark 10". I found the entire blade protector including the strap but I only need the strap. Has anyone seen these parts in Alaska? I can find them on line and directly from Eskimo but it seems shipping will cost more than the parts themselves. I would much rather find them in the state and perhaps save on some shipping. I live in Kenai but would call any supplier.

Dan

Dan
    This might help you out.
    I saw this on the Alaska Shanty.

Earlier this season I broke one of the 3/8" fiberglass rods that give my Quickfish3 shape. I'm not quite sure what happened but one of them snapped while trying to fold it up at the end of the day.

Of course they are available from Eskimo for $7.99 but the shipping to Alaska is a killer (as we know all too well)

Grainger Industrial to the rescue! The 3/8" glass rods in 5' lengths are available for $4.63. I am having 2 of them shipped to the Anchorage store this week. The Grainger item number is: 4ATL1
    As always there are no shipping charges if delivered to the store.

Just thought I'd pass this along incase anybody else needs fiberglass rods.

Thanks Drifter!! I hadn't considered Grainger for fiberglass rods. I'll look into this. When you come over next year I might be owing you a beer or three.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanAKAL View Post
    Thanks Drifter!! I hadn't considered Grainger for fiberglass rods. I'll look into this. When you come over next year I might be owing you a beer or three.

Dan
    Next year?? ??
    I'm coming this year too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Next year?? ??
    I'm coming this year too!!!
    That's what I meant to say. My logic doesn't work all of the time. It ain't summer yet so I'm still ice fishing in 2009. As soon as it's ice out that will begin 2010 fishing season.

Dan