Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Polaris Rules!!!!

  1. #1
    Member atvalaska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    camp-go-4-beer fbks
    Posts
    630

    Thumbs up Polaris Rules!!!!

    Iron Dog


    Published on Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:05 PM AKST
    FAIRBANKS Six days after motoring off of Big Lake and traversing 2,000 miles, the team of Chris Olds and Tyler Huntington have won the Iron Dog snowmachine race.

    The pair roared into downtown Fairbanks a little before noon today, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports. As winners, they will receive a $50,000 cash prize, along with another $2,500 for being the first team to reach Nome earlier in the race. 110
    Huntington / Olds41:04:0900:48:0128 - Fairbanks FINISH
    IN: 11:55:01 NOTES:IN FAIRBANKS
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Has little to do with the type of brand of sled this team owe on.

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Congrats to the team. Matter of fact Congrats to all that even entered the race, whether they won, lost or scratched.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member JOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Soldotna, ALASKA since '78
    Posts
    3,720

    Default

    Polaris was bound to accidentally win one eventually... of course it always helps when the top couple Cat teams have to scratch due to injuries.
    Winter is Coming...

    Go GeocacheAlaska!

  5. #5
    Member atvalaska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    camp-go-4-beer fbks
    Posts
    630

    Default rung what u brug...

    me an the bbq "test".. fbks 2010.....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

  6. #6
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Where they riding that new chassis with the weird track setup?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Yep they were the funny looken ones .
    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Where they riding that new chassis with the weird track setup?

  8. #8
    RMK
    Guest

    Default Are you guys sure?

    I went to the Iron Dog web page and is says the winners were riding the IQ 600. The new sled is the Rush 600. I am really curious, I need to find a picture I guess.

    Of course this has always been the downfall of the Iron dog. It's too fast for the news to cover. Even KTUU didn't have footage of the finish. If someone has a pic of the finish, please post it.

  9. #9
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    hmmm, according to the po-po new release they were running 2009 Polaris Dragon SP 600 snowmobiles. It is not clear if any of the Rush chassis sleds ran this year though I have been able to dig up some info implying that team 16 (minick and olstatd) was slated to run the new chassis. I would imagine that if they actually did, that the Polaris website would be all over it....???...

  10. #10
    Member SusitnaAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ANCHORAGE
    Posts
    785

    Default

    http://www.frontiersman.com/articles...1751165716.txt
    I also read that they were on 600 IQ. Looks like it in the photo also.

  11. #11
    RMK
    Guest

    Default Thanks for the link Susitna

    That seals the deal. That isn't a Rush. They rode the IQ chassis.

  12. #12
    Member SusitnaAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ANCHORAGE
    Posts
    785

    Default Rush 600

    http://irondog.org/racers-corner/
    Lujon correct. on Minnick/Olstad on the Rush 600, I heard from friend that they burned up the engines and scratched, Will find out more thur, night

  13. #13

    Default

    I think only one rush was actually able to finish the race, the rest broke. Big suprise, keep the sno-scoots on the trail.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •