Thread: Need help; Is 7.62X54R to weak for Alaskan Rabbits??

Default Need help; Is 7.62X54R to weak for Alaskan Rabbits??

~~LOL!!~~

What ever, eh?

figured Id share a tidbit with you who hunt with 7.62X54R, as in Im playing, quite sucessfully, with a Chamber insert I bought from Sportsmansguide.
    Plunk a .32Acp OR .32 S%W, and load singley into the chamber.

I had to raise my rear sight to 300yards to get on "Wack", and my opnly complaint was that I didnt have more.....Try missing, as I was, untill I found the 50 yard "Sweet spot" with the sights, and reloading, using a short stick to drive out the fired shell while Mr.rabbit moseys off through the willows....
    I was using some of hundreds of CCI aluminum cased .32acp and have done as well with .32S&W.
    These guys do minimal damage to the pelt as well, and Im gonna test on Fur ASAP

They are made in LOTS of other calibers, and not 'Vaporizing' a Mountain side Ptarmigan during hunt with a couple of these in your pocket just might make dinner.......

Well, these little guys add versatility to one rifle, now that O know where its hitting. Muskrats to Moose, My Mosin Nagant can now "Do 'em all"....as the Old Bull said.....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Pretty slick man. Never heard of that chamber insert. May pick one up. Got a mosin nagant myself and admittingly get little use out of it. Thanks!
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default You're talkin'...

... about the BIG rabbits, right? The mountainside bunnies?
    That insert sounds like it might be the cat's meow. I'm enjoying my new toy and may have to give one a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ... about the BIG rabbits, right?

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

DANG!!!

Yep, definitly gonna be packing some Czech LPS for Bunnies that big so I wont have to hide......~~LOL!!~~

Thats the great thing about it......duality in one gun with no changes to the rifle, "cept resetting the sigts before setting out.

Now I havent tryed them in my M-39, so far this winter , in my walks, Ive been using a VERY Nice M91, the original modle that led to the M-39 and all variations inbetween.

Its a great rifle, Paul!!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default Are you using...

... the .303, or .308 insert?

thats animal cruelty! i hunt rabbits with no less then a .50 bmg mostly though i use 40mm cannon
    Semper Fi!

Good job stranger. Gotta' have good shot placement with that round though since a quick follow up ain't happenin. I prefer my 50AE for hair soup....I mean hare soup

Thumbs up

GOOD ONE! and all this time i though arctic hare was the on the legs of the residents
    Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post