Thread: Night Sights.....

Default Night Sights.....

Which do you like best....Meprolight, Trijicon or something else?? Whatcha think?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Have Meprolight on my XD and Trijicon on my Kimber. Only difference to me is on the Trijicon I can rack the slide with the rear sight if needed because it's square on the front side.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

I like the Mepro along with their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Which do you like best....Meprolight, Trijicon or something else?? Whatcha think?
    I really like the TruGlo TFO. Best of both worlds! Nice green fiber optic with Tritium behind the fiber. Always bright green! The other night sights drive my eyes nuts in the day. Not much to focus on but a thin white outline around the glass of tritium. Lone Wolf has them for $110, cheapest I have seen and close to you down there. From what I have been told, I am the cheapest in town for them.

How was the move, all settled down there?

I've used both Trijicon and Meprolight. Trijicon sights seem to regulate to a slightly higher point of impact than Mepros, but the Mepros are brighter.

Flip a coin. Both work well.
    Now what ?

Trijis are the best. We have seen some recent problems with the TruGlos that make me question their sturdiness or QC

Default only tried...

I have some Novak Lo Mount Night Sights on a 1911 and a Browning Hi Power. My Glock 36 has the XS Standard Dot on front with the Tritium insert and the Tritium Dot on the bottom of the rear Express Sight. The Novak's have the Tritium on the front and the small Tritium line below the rear notch. I am not a fan of the 3 Dot system in either Night Sights or regular sights. I also can get by just fine with a Tritium Dot on the front sight and not the rear. I think Richard Heine's Straight 8 Slant Pro's would be a good sight. I have not seen any of the Tru Glo's or what ever else those kind of sights are called that tweak my interest as they all seem to fragile looking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Trijis are the best. We have seen some recent problems with the TruGlos that make me question their sturdiness or QC
    What were the problems?

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I have not seen any of the Tru Glo's or what ever else those kind of sights are called that tweak my interest as they all seem to fragile looking to me.
    I like them. I have not heard of any failures from anywhere. Metal just like all the others. I will be ordering me another set, sold the last set I had for me. Gotta keep the customers happy! WWG sells them as well as a couple other places in town. So not sure why now there is a problem all of a sudden with them. I like them!

I have never used any other than Trijicon so I cannot compare the brands you mentioned. On the other hand, as I look back, I wish I had never spent the money on anything other than laser sights.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

What were the problems?
    Failures to Glow right out of the package, which is a shame becasue at the price point we sell them, they would be a bargain.

Ther are also far more fragile in construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Failures to Glow right out of the package, which is a shame becasue at the price point we sell them, they would be a bargain.

Ther are also far more fragile in construction.

My packages said, "Guaranteed to glow for 12 years from manufactured date." So what happened with that one that didn't glow? Did you try it in the dark? They only "glow" when in good light. Visible in the house and such in the daytime. But when dusk and such they are way cool.

So what happened with that one that didn't glow?
    I assume the capsule broke in production. or never was filled. Or leaked. or was the wrong formulation

Did you try it in the dark?
    Well thats when you try night sights to see if they glow dont you

Default Night sites

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Murphy, both Trijicon and MePro's are a good product, really a distinction without a difference. I advise to use extreme caution when installing or mounting the sites, as the vial containing the Tritium is rather fragile. Any "ham handling" can result in a broken vial. I don't recall seeing many vials break in field use, it's just the action of installing. Even when using the proper, "made for weapon specific" site jig the vials sometimes don't survive installation.

I'm a certified Glock armour but I have learned that I prefer to allow the "Expert" behind the counter to install my nite sites. At 2 am the morning following the purchase of night sites it's just the craps to be looking at a nice green front post and one nice green rear post and the other side winking at you. If the "Expert" behind the counter did the install, the "wink" is on him....
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

Quote Originally Posted by Ex1811 View Post
    Murphy, both Trijicon and MePro's are a good product, really a distinction without a difference. I advise to use extreme caution when installing or mounting the sites, as the vial containing the Tritium is rather fragile. Any "ham handling" can result in a broken vial. I don't recall seeing many vials break in field use, it's just the action of installing. Even when using the proper, "made for weapon specific" site jig the vials sometimes don't survive installation.

I'm a certified Glock armour but I have learned that I prefer to allow the "Expert" behind the counter to install my nite sites. At 2 am the morning following the purchase of night sites it's just the craps to be looking at a nice green front post and one nice green rear post and the other side winking at you. If the "Expert" behind the counter did the install, the "wink" is on him....
    The front Glock sight is pretty straight forward with the cute little socket wrench and the screw in bolt from inside the slide. The rear must be pushed, not hammered. I have a pusher (MGW) I think it is and I like the way it works, never broke one pushing yet. I think the factory Glock tritium sights are just the 3 dot Trijicon (the have the little Glock "G" on top). To me the Meprolight look more green and slightly larger dots. I think most other names in night sights are made by Trijicon, don't know for sure. At about a $100 per set I guy wants to get the right dots and keep 'em lined up.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?