Thread: is my boat going to work?

Default is my boat going to work?

I bought a 12ft alluminum boat 6ft rowing oars about a year ago it can fit 3 men it it with fishing gear. I am replacing the motor when I get settled after my move (fairbanks). I was reading through some threads about rafting and came across several comments on Michael Strahan's book on the subject, so I bought it, and I am waiting for the delivery. Rafting is something I have never done but it sounds like something I would enjoy. I hope I dont have to upgrade on the boat but if I could any educated opinions on this subject I would be thankful.

Default Well

to be honest if your were some place that had lots of local small lakes and ponds yes however fishing not hunting IMO. It will have limited multi use applications in Fairbanks. Little small for bigger lakes and medium rivers.

If you plan on hunting out of it you will be limited to places like Chena Lakes in the local area. Just my opinion.

Best wishes

Blue Moose

Default thanks

well it looks like I have a good reason to give the wife for an upgrade

Non inflatables don't bounce off logjams too well. Also hunting here requires a raft that can haul hundreds of lbs.

This is a canoe stuck under a logjam.

My raft with gear and camp for 2 hunters and one moose.