Thread: Wow video upload

Thumbs down Wow video upload

on GCI wireless = EPIC FAIL!

Tried to up load a 5 min vid onto youtube, but would've taken 3 DAYS! Likewise, I was 'bout 1/4 - 1/3 the way done, & the INET went out...& messed up the WHOLE PROCESS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    on GCI wireless = EPIC FAIL!

Tried to up load a 5 min vid onto youtube, but would've taken 3 DAYS! Likewise, I was 'bout 1/4 - 1/3 the way done, & the INET went out...& messed up the WHOLE PROCESS!!!
    Did you have the video compressed to a reasonable size? That makes a big difference.

Incidentally, you do live in Marshall. There are just some realities to where we choose to live with regards to access to technology. Here in Eagle River I will not have the same speeds as someone in L.A. Folks in L.A. don't have the same speeds as those in Japan. Likewise, you won't have the same speeds that I do. Such is life, my friend.

Default Thanks for the tip B...

is there a compression software on Vista? or with MS Video? Likewise, my neighbor has a different provider & it would've only taken MINUTES...

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    is there a compression software on Vista? or with MS Video? Likewise, my neighbor has a different provider & it would've only taken MINUTES...

I have GCI wireless here in Los Anchorage and my videos load fast and I have never had any issues
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default its not who you are its where you live

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Incidentally, you do live in Marshall. There are just some realities to where we choose to live with regards to access to technology. Here in Eagle River I will not have the same speeds as someone in L.A. Folks in L.A. don't have the same speeds as those in Japan. Likewise, you won't have the same speeds that I do. Such is life, my friend.
    Even Eagle River and Anchorage have drastically different services. Last time I priced broadband it cost exactly twice as much $$$ per Mbps (speed of different service levels you can pay for) in Eagle River vs. Anchorage, and they're almost right next to each other.

Default Brian...

yer awesome! I don't care what Kingfisher say's 'bout ya...I compressed the file down to 35MB & it's loadin' as we speak & only takin' 'bout 2 hrs to do so...

Glad to hear it's working. I didn't answer your previous question, as I don't speak Microsoft. Is this a video you'll be sharing here?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I have GCI wireless here in Los Anchorage and my videos load fast and I have never had any issues

what are you some kind of mexican? los?
    Semper Fi!

Default It's on my...

facebook account b...you can view it there...someday I'll put something AK outdoors related on vid on this forum...

& it figures you'd speak 'Tosh instead of Peecee....yer a teacher...

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    what are you some kind of mexican? los?

LOL no I am not. Just with all the shootings, Traffic, and big city crap going on here I just call it that Los Anchoage Like Ummmm L.A.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    LOL no I am not. Just with all the shootings, Traffic, and big city crap going on here I just call it that Los Anchoage Like Ummmm L.A.

oh i get it, what does LOS mean in mexican? didnt LOS ANGELS translate to the city of angles? so would that mean city of anchorage?
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    oh i get it, what does LOS mean in mexican? didnt LOS ANGELS translate to the city of angles? so would that mean city of anchorage?
    i would have thought it would mean the city of anchors...
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.