Thread: Hunting Groups

Default Hunting Groups

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sara and I work for a TV company that makes films/shows for the BBC and US networks.

I'm researching information about hunting groups in Alaska.

If you are involved in a hunting group in Alaska, I would love to hear more about it! I am looking for people who get together after work and/or on the weekends and hunt. I would greatly appreciate speaking with someone who is quite passionate and knowledgeable about hunting in Alaska.

I'm currently at the research stage of this project so your help and insight would be greatly appreciated! You can email me at sara@firecrackerfilms.com

Many thanks,
    Sara

Sara - Most hunting in Alaska is not of the variety that it can be done after work or on short weekend trips. There are exceptions, but the majority of the hunting that is done and discussed here takes a lot of planning and time. As for "groups", while most folks here hunt with one or two other people, large groups of hunters afield together can significantly reduce the chances of success. I'm not sure what you're thinking of when you mention "groups" of hunters, but don't expect much beyond a guy and his wife or maybe a few buddies.

Thank you Brian for your response. "Group" doesn't necessarily have to mean a lot of people. Sorry for the confusion. It could be a smaller group as well.

Thank you for the information on when/how often people hunt.

Sounds like another Research by PETA.........but I could be wrong.

Sara- I can bet you are not going to get far on this. The U.S. and British press and entertainment industry has not been kind to gun owners and hunters. You are going to find plenty of people, myself included, that would want nothing to do with any type of media attention. In fact, many of us shy away from filming done by actual hunting shows.

Don't take us as rude. As a group of people that fights every day to keep our heritage alive, we are extremely cautious of the press/film industry.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I would encourage anyone that is thinking about responding to Sara take a look at this clip and the rest of Firecracker's website. http://www.firecrackerfilms.com/broa...ids-with-guns/

You can make your own decision, but this is one outfit that would NEVER be in the field or in my home with me.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by sarafirecrackerfilms View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Sara and I work for a TV company that makes films/shows for the BBC and US networks.

If you are involved in a hunting group in Alaska, I would love to hear more about it! I am looking for people who get together after work and/or on the weekends and hunt. I would greatly appreciate speaking with someone who is quite passionate and knowledgeable about hunting in Alaska.

I'm currently at the research stage of this project so your help and insight would be greatly appreciated! You can email me at sara@firecrackerfilms.com

Many thanks,
    Sara
    What is the purpose of your research?
    Tennessee

I didn't haveto watch the vid, after reading the intro narritive, I could see that it was probably a one sided documentary!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I would encourage anyone that is thinking about responding to Sara take a look at this clip and the rest of Firecracker's website. http://www.firecrackerfilms.com/broa...ids-with-guns/

You can make your own decision, but this is one outfit that would NEVER be in the field or in my home with me.
    They're more than welcome to come hunt with me anytime. Just fly on over and I'll let you know where and when to meet me. Don't worry I'll bring all the gear and food but if I'm running a little late, just go ahead and start without me

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

Yeah...........I agree. You don't lend any aid or assistance to the enemy camp.
    Now what ?

Default Sara

I'm not sure you could find my address to go hunting with me. Your site talks about Kodiak and grizzleys as being where treadwell was. Hope you aren't doing the logistics for that little trip.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default docu's

Sara;

you would be better off taking your populist view & doing a documentary on how the masses will hunt and feed themselves in the not so distant future. This stinks on ice!
    ls

Default I just love this part:

Direct quote from their web site:

"the company has produced some of the highest rated films for the networks to date including:
    • The Human Spider
    • The World’s Strongest Boy
    • The Seven Year Old Surgeon
    • The Man Whose Arms Exploded!
    • The Black Widow

"

How in the world could I have missed out on seeing the man whose arms exploded? I just don't get around I get....

Default Firecrackerfilms

Sara, looking at your post asking about hunting groups and then seeing the film on the link from the post earlier I wonder, do you think we are all militia members or something? We are individuals that sport hunt for game in well regulated and managed hunts. We enjoy the outdoors and are in love with nature and all she gives us. If you want someone here to aid you in an attempt portray us as gun toting radicals I think you will have no luck on this site.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

This looks interesting:

http://www.firecrackerfilms.com/broa...r-among-bears/

http://www.firecrackerfilms.com/broa...es-with-bears/

I'm not sure her request to talk to people that hunt in groups is going to work, for the reasons Brian noted. Myself, I hunt alone 95% of the time. Mostly all w/e hunts, but still alone....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sarafirecrackerfilms View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Many thanks,
    Sara
    Sara,
    If you are looking for questionable group hunts, you need to research and concentrate your project on the Community Harvest Hunts and the Potlatch Hunts. This will give you exactly what you are looking for, to amuze the masses. If you need help with more info, on it, get ahold of me directly through this website, and I guarantee you will be pleasantly surpised. Don't pay attention to the naysayers, there is plenty of dirt to be found within our fraternity and I don't might sharing it one bit.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default OMG!

Everyone Jump to conclusion, on the count of 3!!!!One...Two...ah...too late...

Default Great job on the research.

I would be glad to take her to Kodiak in April for my hunt... would enjoy the look on her face when the Fox Pro goes off

I cant believe Sara would post on here looking for input...blows me away with what I just watched on their website.....sometimes we really have to watch what we say and do around these people...great research done by the forum members...keep that gun loaded and close to you

DH01

Default Just a thought.

If anyone here is thinking about sending a PM to Sara to comment on what you think of her companies past films you may want to reconsider. If in anger you say something strong it could be on TV someday as an example of radicals or some sort of thing like that. I would suggest not to say anything to her in a PM that you would not say to her in public. Again just a thought.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Alright folks, I don't think any good is going to come of this. Thanks for playing, fellas.