Thread: Lookin for someone to load me some ammo at a reasonable price

Default Lookin for someone to load me some ammo at a reasonable price

anyone up to it? will pay cash or trade for bullets, have many varieties of unloaded bullets and casings, as well as lots of shotshell primers and a bunch of boxes of muzzleloader slugs...need 30-06 180 grain hot cors, .270 150+ grain, and 30-06 165 sierra gamekings. just seein if anyone can help....

Release Lake Trout

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    anyone up to it? will pay cash or trade for bullets, have many varieties of unloaded bullets and casings, as well as lots of shotshell primers and a bunch of boxes of muzzleloader slugs...need 30-06 180 grain hot cors, .270 150+ grain, and 30-06 165 sierra gamekings. just seein if anyone can help....
    Due to liability issues, I think that many, if not most handloaders wouldn't do that. They might be more inclined to help you make your own, so that you are involved in the process.

There is good reason for that, too. Many handloaders, myself included, have a personal rule against shooting handloads that are not assembled by themselves, or someone they KNOW, makes safe ones. They are aware of how some other handloaders do it, and it's not up to their standards.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Handloading accurate, powerful and yet safe; rifle rounds is more then just dumping some powder in the case. Loads need to be worked up slowly checking for accuracy and pressure. I have had groups go from 1.5" to 4" with only a one grain change in powder, and what works well in one rifle may not do at all well in others.

In addition to posible Liability issues there are also Law issues. To handload your own ammunition is legal but to manufacture for someone else requires paper work with the ATF and the State Department.

my dad and I used to load them up for my rifle..I know the process and the amount of powder, neck size, calibration and everything, I just dont have a reloader or i would do it myself... these particular loads that i mentioned have been extremely accurate in my custom built mauser 98 30-06 and of course, i cant buy them locally ( the hot cors I can). I appreciate your input and opinions; I agree, safety first.

Release Lake Trout

my dad and I used to load them up for my rifle..I know the process and the amount of powder, neck size, calibration and everything, I just dont have a reloader or i would do it myself... these particular loads that i mentioned have been extremely accurate in my custom built mauser 98 30-06 and of course, i cant buy them locally ( the hot cors I can). I appreciate your input and opinions; I agree, safety first.
    Well, if I were still in your neck of the woods I'd invite you over, bring your rifle, bullets and brass and we'd whip up some good ammo along with some good conversation. I've done this so many times and to me it is the ultimate camp fire get together. We talk guns and loads, hunting and fishing and make sure every sized piece of brass goes through the chamber flawlessly. We trim brass all to the correct length, we chamfer case mouths and clean primer pockets. Each powder charged is checked and double checked. We determine the optimum seating depth correctly and seat bullets accordingly. Yeah, I'm a bit far away from AK right now.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I would help you too. It seems that lately I load for more friends than I load for myself. I do of course develop the load in their rifle / hand gun and finalize a recipe that works for their application. It's good fun and has really become my favorite past time.

To be honest we have four new gun owners on my street alone, word of mouth travels fast. I'm taken a new guy shooting Sunday, with any luck he too will get hooked.

That sounds like you should pick up a hand press and do it to it.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

a friend of mine suggested " he mite have one" buried in his garage along with a bunch of supplies. mite have to saunter over and see what i can find........

Release Lake Trout