Thread: 10mm?

Question 10mm?

I'm thinking of taking a glock 10mm of of my friends hands I will be reloading for this round if I purchase. It would be great to hear everyones opinion on this round. I will carry and plink. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOCALAK907 View Post
    I'm thinking of taking a glock 10mm of of my friends hands I will be reloading for this round if I purchase. It would be great to hear everyones opinion on this round. I will carry and plink. Thanks
    The 10mm won't even kill a mouse, but a 41 or 44 Mag would instantly kill a large Sauropod with a gut shot if you had a time machine to let you do it.

Talking

I have a 10mm colt double eagle mkII/series 90 and I've taken game a little bigger than a mouse it is very acurate and I'd hate to be the scumbag taken all nine of my hollow points,they'll be on point!if u go for a .41 .44 I think a semi auto is a better choice for personal protection

Default You'll like it

The 10mm is a great cartridge. There is reloading info for it on Glock talk I believe it is. Mike McNett, the owner of Double Tap Ammunition, which I am a dealer of, posts helpfull info to handloaders there. I am not a member of that forum so could be wrong on which one it is. I need to get him to try this forum!!

10mm is great, not the best brown bear protection round but in the hot 357 class and a good town/woods compromise. Ammo is pricy but cheap as anything if you reload. I pack ether a S&W 460V or a Witness Match 10mm as my primary handgun, the 10mm about 75% of the time. You could do a lot worse than a 10mm Glock and not a much better in an auto for daily use.

Donít mind MarineHawk he just forgot to click the again.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

1. Ammo is cheap, but frequently sporadic supply. When we get it offered, we just buy as much as we can, usually all.

2. It is not reloader friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    You mean because it flings brass a mile or something else? Finding the brass after shooting is the only issue I have had reloading 10mm.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    You mean because it flings brass a mile or something else? Finding the brass after shooting is the only issue I have had reloading 10mm.
    I was wondering the same thing.

I've owned several different 10mm pistols since the round first came out, and I haven't had any particular troubles shooting my reloaded 10mm ammo, either.

In fairness, neither of my G20's cared for the gold-colored Winchester WLP primers. About three or four per 50 rounds would fail to fire. But, both Glock pistols were 100% with other brands of large pistol primers.

Buy a bunch of Starline Brass and some BlueDot powder and your favorite bullet. It is easy to load for and a very accurate and predictable round. I have a few of them including a G20 SF. The Dan Wesson (1911 style) is a lovely piece in my experience also. I do not find the ten quirky as I've heard/read others do.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I have been very impressed with the 10mm and have reloaded many without problems. As was mentioned you can check out
    http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/10m...rums-f187.html
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67
    for lots of excellent reloading data that will out perform most factory loads. If you are buying your ammo check out the Double tap Ammo as it is the top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by akraven View Post
    If you are buying your ammo check out the Double tap Ammo as it is the top of the line.
    I will have my stock of Double Tap 10mm by Tuesday, March 2nd, at the latest. Will be at the gun show next weekend. Plus always taking orders for any DT ammo. You can always find my info at the top of the page.

Ive been looking at the G 29. I got to shoot a friends at the range a few months ago and for a compact it handled quite nice. If I come across a good deal I think it will be my next carry firearm. It a nice compromise between the big wheel guns and the light auto loaders IMO.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Default SF

byrd hntr,
    Not sure which frame you shot but for what you mentioned the SF with the pearce grip extension makes it real easy to shoot, even with the weak hand. I just put a set of tru glo fiber optic sights on mine & would really like to go shooting at dusk but now with our longer days I may have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    byrd hntr,
    Not sure which frame you shot but for what you mentioned the SF with the pearce grip extension makes it real easy to shoot, even with the weak hand. I just put a set of tru glo fiber optic sights on mine & would really like to go shooting at dusk but now with our longer days I may have to wait.
    I haven't tried one of the frame extensions. But they do look like they would be just the ticket for avoiding hand fatigue at the range. The gun I shot had the regular sights on it but Ive always been partial to Trijicon night sights.

I found that a blue tarp does wonders for finding spent cases if you put it up right. If you smart most of the spent brass will funnel its self right in a bucket.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Default 10MM Caribou

Killed a small Caribou once using a full size model 10MM pistol. Ammo was Speer 200gr. FMJ Blazer as that was what was available, and I did not know how well a hollow-point would penetrate a Caribou. As it turned out, penetration was complete-no bullets recovered. All shots were about broadside from 25 to 50 yards. Reconstruction of events leads me to think the 1st shot was too low in the chest, 2nd shot in the gut from not enough lead. The rest were nicely clustered behind the shoulder as I had plenty of time to aim at a standing Caribou. For the first two shots, I was shooting down at steep angle, in a hurry, as my rifle had jammed chambering a round. After the first two shots, the Caribou ran slow quite a ways ( over a low rise ) obviously hurt, then went down. When I approached after at least 15 minutes or more, it stood up and I knocked it down again with one shot. This happened a few more times. I would wait a while, sneak closer, the Caribou would stand up, and I would knock it down again. Initially, I was a little perturbed by the number of shots required. But, the locals thought otherwise as they had seen Caribou absorb a lot of rifle rounds. So, I chalk it up to not using a hollow-point bullet and poor initial shot placement. I find the 10MM easy to reload and accurate. It's recoil is overrated. I attribute this to Colt autos unlocking too early, causing excessive slide velocity. When I initially fired the pistol with Hornady 155 gr. ammo, I thought it felt like a 9MM Luger or less. The !0MM Auto may be the salvation for old guys who are getting a little arthritic from age and big boomers.

Bukshot,

That blazer ammo is nothing compared to other brands of 10mm. It is plain junk! A FMJ is not a hunting round. Hornady XTP would have been awesome in that situation. FMJ are too pointed and punch right through without delivering energy to animal.
    About being overated on recoil. Shoot some Double Tap 230gr Hardcast or Buffalo Bore FMJ. Now it is not like a .44 revolver, but after a couple mags full my right wrist starts to feel it! Again, the blazer brand is not real 10mm ammo! I have half a box somewhere, shot 30 rounds and never finished it.