Thread: Browning A & X Bolts???

Default Browning A & X Bolts???

Love or hate seems to be the deal. Why?

I like em, real business like. And that tang safety has to be one of the most practical safeties on a hunting rig, IMO.

Love the new X-bolt safety override button, single-stack drop down mag, X bolt mount system & recoil pad. It seems Browning really thought about this one.

Default I like 'em enough to buy one

I just got word that my Left-hand, A-Bolt Micro-Hunter is in. It's the right tool for the job in this case (WI whitetails.) It's compact and quick, chambered in a good caliber (7mm-08,) and some of the features (tang safety, 60 degree bolt, and box magazine) just work for how I hunt there. Did I mention it's left-handed?

I haven't picked it up yet but plan to put on a compact 2-7 scope (Talley lightweights.)

I don't think it's the absolute best rifle available, and I wouldn't choose that action to build around, but in this case it should fit the bill.
    Drink indigenous.

Default Triggers?

Aren't the triggers adjustable on these without taking to a gunsmith?

I've got an X-bolt in .308. Love this rifle. Yes, the trigger is adjustable with an allen wrench and is very light and crisp. I really like the 60-degree bolt, which does not interfere with the scope, detachable magazine, and tang safety with the override button. It is also a very accurate rifle - I'm getting sub MOA with the cheapest factory ammo as well as the right handloads. Couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Aren't the triggers adjustable on these without taking to a gunsmith?

Default Fta

To adj trigger do you have to pull gun apart or can it be done intact?
    Thanks for the reply!
    I have an older A Bolt 300WM w/boss that is a tack driver I enjoy shooting for sure - top thumb safety fits my shotgun style habits!

You just have to take off a trigger guard (two screws) and that's it. No gunsmith is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    To adj trigger do you have to pull gun apart or can it be done intact?
    Thanks for the reply!
    I have an older A Bolt 300WM w/boss that is a tack driver I enjoy shooting for sure - top thumb safety fits my shotgun style habits!

Quote Originally Posted by ftaba1 View Post
    You just have to take off a trigger guard (two screws) and that's it. No gunsmith is necessary.
    Just another reason to own one, as I hate having to take new rifles to the smith for work. PITA
    That's why I dig Sako, Sauer, Browning etc. 'Out of the box ready'