Thread: Mike's Air Taxi

Default Mike's Air Taxi

Has anybody ever used Mike's Air Taxi for a DIY bou hunt off the haul road? Good experiences let me know on here, if any bad please send me a PM.

Thanks for any information.

Default two thumbs up

Mike is a standup guy. I would fly with him anytime again. If you choose him, tell him Rod said Hi.

feel free to PM if you have specific questions.

To answer your question: I have used him for DIY hunts.

Default Great Service

Mike is a straight shooting guy, he will take care of you and deliver everything he promissed and more. Flew with him for moose twice and bou twice. Have went 100% with him. He know's how to get you on the animals. I now own my own plane and would only fly with him, Bob from Alaska air taxi, or Andy Flack in his cub, out of Happy Valley. There is a service that fly's a maule, dont, I mean dont fly with them. They dropped a camp, right on my buddy who was hunting alone. He got a discount drop off from andy because he was only like 10 miles from the road and single trip in a cub. The Maule guy charged the dropped off people his full rate to boot. Plus lets not talk about the guys flying (his nickname is lawndart). I still stop in, whenever in the arctic, and hangout. One year went with my oldest son, and just a blast, fishing, rafting and hanging out in camp. I've been on this forum for at least 7 or 8 years and never heard any complaints.

Terry

Default Mike

I used mike a few years ago and it all ended well. It didnt look good at first because he had lost his plane( long story) but he jumped through hoops to make it right. I would use him again in a heartbeat. Did mike get his plane back or is he aranging flights? Hillbilly

He must have gotten a plane. I don't know what he had before but he now flies a helio courier. I appreciate the info everybody.

Mike has flown me in eight years in a row. The past two were from his base in Happy Valley for caribou. I talk to Mike all year and can tell you he is more excited about this year than he has been for a long time. Things look great for him.

I will also tell you I have killed trophy caribou both times I flew out of Happy Valley with him and never saw another hunter in the valleys he dropped me in.

I'll be in Happy Valley with him again this fall.

Don Mulligan
    www.outdoorswithdon.com

Cannery Creek Hatchery, Prince William Sound

What is the phone number or web page for Mies air taxi?

Thumbs up contact info

Mike can be reached at

mike@alaskabushsports.com

or you can call him at 907 209 0119.

dennis

Can anybody recommend a general area to fly into for this hunt? I'm not familiar with the area. We would like to stay away from other camps, and have a good chance at seeing a good amount of caribou.

Default Mikes

Here is his web site and if I were you I would call Mike. He will no doubt know his area and where former hunters have had success.

http://alaskabushsports.com/mikes_air_taxi/index.html

Good luck, Mark

If you are flying with Mike, go where he suggest is best. He, always did me right, plus caribou are nomadic in nature and can move 30 miles in a day. Last year I flew up there to hunt and did not see a single bou within 20 miles of where I hunted last time. I flew 25 miles in another direction and was in decent numbers the entire trip, so its hard to ask for a single location.

Default Mike's Air

I used Mike once before, he took good care of us, we are booked with him again for this year, he is using a Hellio, better than the 206 in my opinion. About where to go, stay away from the Ivishak if your doing a drop hunt, way too many charters dumping hunters all over that river, go father east towards the Canning

Default Mike Knows

I've used Mike three times and had three good hunts. I'd go where he suggests. I asked him to move me once and he did so without any complaints. The next morning there were literally thousands of caribou all around us. We all tagged out with nice bulls in very short order.