Thread: Knotty Pine Tongue and Groove

Default Knotty Pine Tongue and Groove

Does anyone know of a source in Alaska. (Anchorage, Delta, Fairbanks areas)

I need about 1,000 bf for a ceiling.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Wink

SBS has it, but you need to inspect every board. Most of it is of poor quality. I have done several ceilings and for my money, I'll go with Clear Cedar everytime, for so many reasons that it would take a book to write.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

In Fairbanks (and likely Anchorage), Uresco is the best source. I did a couple thousand sq ft in my house last year and had less than 5% material wastage. In addition it was about 40% cheaper than the other local yards at the time. You do typically have to order ahead. The stuff I got appeared to be a Hem-fir mix rather than pine, but turned out looking great. Generally it was very consistent and of much better quality that the more expensive SBS stuff.

That said, all lumber dealers change suppliers occasionally, and that information is over a year old. Still, check it out.

Yk

If Spruce T&G will work for you call Logging and Milling from here in Delta. Locally made and top notch. loggingandmilling.com.

I sell it, but only top grade stuff. You don't have to go through every board I have but I'm probably 30% higher than SBS, Lowes or Depot. Looks like you need 2400 lf or so. Drop me a PM if you are interested in a price. I will deliver to Anchorage or meet you in Wasilla if you like.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem