Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knotty Pine Tongue and Groove

  1. #1
    Moderator Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Knotty Pine Tongue and Groove

    Does anyone know of a source in Alaska. (Anchorage, Delta, Fairbanks areas)

    I need about 1,000 bf for a ceiling.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  2. #2

    Wink

    SBS has it, but you need to inspect every board. Most of it is of poor quality. I have done several ceilings and for my money, I'll go with Clear Cedar everytime, for so many reasons that it would take a book to write.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member Yellowknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    803

    Default

    In Fairbanks (and likely Anchorage), Uresco is the best source. I did a couple thousand sq ft in my house last year and had less than 5% material wastage. In addition it was about 40% cheaper than the other local yards at the time. You do typically have to order ahead. The stuff I got appeared to be a Hem-fir mix rather than pine, but turned out looking great. Generally it was very consistent and of much better quality that the more expensive SBS stuff.

    That said, all lumber dealers change suppliers occasionally, and that information is over a year old. Still, check it out.

    Yk

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    DELTA JUNCTION
    Posts
    7

    Default

    If Spruce T&G will work for you call Logging and Milling from here in Delta. Locally made and top notch. loggingandmilling.com.

  5. #5
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    I sell it, but only top grade stuff. You don't have to go through every board I have but I'm probably 30% higher than SBS, Lowes or Depot. Looks like you need 2400 lf or so. Drop me a PM if you are interested in a price. I will deliver to Anchorage or meet you in Wasilla if you like.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •