Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest Member of Outdoors Forum

Default Newest Member of Outdoors Forum

I am happy to report that Whelenator's wife just gave birth today to a happy little baby boy. I am hoping he will be an avid outdoorsman and be just like his dad!
    Here is a little pic. This is our first kid.
    Gregory Emerson Mullins, 6 LB 12 OZ, 21 Inches
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations! Life is much better with a "mini-me"
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Talking Congrats

Good job expanding our ranks.

Congrats Mark!!!

My daughter and son are a great delight in the woods! They turned out to be close for a girl and boy and it really shows. They were carving on a snowmachine last weekend and working as a team! It took alot of beatings but my friends say they turned out ok!

I hope you have some time off to enjoy your new addition!

Mike

Default Congrats

Enjoy your little miracle
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Default Congratulations

What is his AOD username?

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    What is his AOD username?

New and improved in a smaller size Whelenator-2.0

Congrats Mom and Dad enjoy the tike and remember sleep is over rated.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Congrats Mom and Dad enjoy the tike and remember sleep is over rated.
    Sleep is definitely not over-rated, you just learn to live without!!

Look forward to getting up at 2 a.m. to sick kids with puke on the wall, stuffed animals, bedding, themselves...at least thats what it was last week for us

Really, you have the best thing goin'....nothing beats the kiddos!!

Hunt, here I am trying to give it a positive spin and . . .
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Hunt, here I am trying to give it a positive spin and . . .
    Andy, its ALL positive. Heck, if it weren't you wouldn't have any good stories to tell!!

Enjoy the little guy, W'! They indeed get too big too fast...

Congrats, bud! My wife is due in a week or two. It'll be our first as well.

Thumbs up

very cool!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Start that College Fund now. They grow up before you know it.

Congrats Mark (and mom)!!!
    For the 1st try looks like you did great!
    I'll tell you right now of a tradition I heard of way to late to start with my kids.
    A guy siad that when each kid was born he would go out & buy them their 1st big game rifle & stick it away unfired until they were ready for it. It made a very special gift because he tried to make the purchase on their birth day. I think same week would be close enough!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Thanks, all ya'll are awesome!

I really appreciate the replies guys. He is a sweet little bugger, but he's so far trying to kill us with sleep deprivation. I think its a tactical move on his part to get more milk. we'll see...

I haven't decided on a username yet, but soon. He will likely turn out like his mama and like numbers and math and like oddball calibers like the ".19 Calhoon Hornet" or something similar.

We have also already found out about the violent vomiting and pooping. He has peed all over me at least a half a dozen times already.

We plan on taking some choice pics and videos of him to spring on him sometime near his senior prom just in case he comes home with a "cocktail waittress in a Dolly Parton wig"...

As for the gun tradition Vance...I already have that covered. i am presently restoring 2 Remington 514 single shot 22's for him and his brother or sister for when they are old enough. Not to mention the experience of bluing and tru-oiling. I enjoy doing a hand rubbed finish on those old walnut stocks. They sure look classy like that. I think also having a few firearms stored away for them just in case of hard times is also a good idea.

Thanks again to all of you.

Whelenator

Default Congratulations!!

That is cool dude. I had no idea you two were expecting. You gonna bring him to his first gun show this weekend?

Sounds like you have the rimfire covered, but what about his first centerfire rifle?

Talking For the last time keep your son away from my daughter!

Not to steal your thunder, but since you showed us yours i will show you mine. This is my daughter Bailey Ann, she will be 1 month old, already man time flys, on monday. She has a 6.5 Swede with her name on it in the safe already.Bailey 077.jpg

Bailey 083.jpg
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

W., thanks for the pic and the info. Congrats. My youngest is now 17, but I remember those early days (and nights) like yesterday. Some advice I heard along the way is worth repeating.

"Your kids won't always do as you say, but they will always do as you do. Imagine the highest level of character you want them to have, and lead by example."

Kinda scary, but there's hope in it, too.

God bless your journey.

Terry

Well, its been a year and we haven't killed him or let anything otherwise horrific happen to the little bugger. I am certainly not sleeping like I would like to be, and there just isn't enough time when he's awake to spend with him. I am sure many of you have the same problem, having a job sucks until its time to buy groceries. Anyway, I was looking at some stuff on here and came across my thread. It is neat to come back and read all the posts that everyone wrote. Dang, its all true, except no one mentioned how they reach for their poop when your trying to change them in a pitch black room at 3 am. Thanks for leaving that out then...
    This is the little guy now. He will not leave the computer box alone. Plug ins. If I have him in the loading room, he is into everything. the garage is a big no go with him, nothing is safe. If you do not let him have whatever he's reaching for, he cries like you shot his favorite pony. The cell phone is a special treat to be slobbered all over and smashed into whatever is close enough, say the concrete hearth. The dog food bin is likewise a special place to be broken into and we find him occasionally just holding a chunk of Science Diet in his mouth, just enjoying the flavor. Speaking of dogs, the springer spaniel, Maggie, has aged considerably especially for a 6 year old dog. Gregory will somehow STALK this dog and if he gets her or catches her not paying attention, he grabs hair with both hands and tries to ride it out, whatever the spaniel decides to do about the giggling baby boy hanging off her side, butt, ears, or lips. He has not so far got the 8 seconds but we are secretly hoping. The wife has a 3 tiered book shelf in the kitchen for her cookbooks and he now has a ritual right after dinner of removing as many of the books as he can while we are trying to eat. I forgot what a hot dinner was.

This is him at about 13 months. He has a little Black and Decker drill driver that I let him have. Its almost as big as he is but he can hit the button and listen to it growl. I had to get a lock box for the night stand house pistol, he is already curious about that. Glocks got no safety buttons, so have to be darn careful with that. He is a joy, and keeps us hopping. I wouldn't trade any of this for anything as its stuff like this that we will remember forever. That and the videos will give us much joy when he thinks he's all cool with some little hottie like Big Swede's little gal there. We will just bring out the videos of him eating out of the dog's food bowl. Possibly the one where he has taken the old leg bone from the springer and is chewing it just like the dog. Yeah guys, he does that and we let him have it. Germs does a tiny body good. The more the better. That way when he tries to eat a gob of fresh salmon eggs this summer I won't worry too much.

Attachment 47739

Congrats on making it through the 1st year! It really does get easier from here on out, except the fact that they no longer stay where you put em, they're even more curious, get a better hold on everything (dog included)and then there's..... Well you know! My daughter will be 5 in May and it's been a trip. Mine thinks she is a rock star (she still hardly sleeps). Eight hours in a row would be nice. Have fun and here's a little advice, DO NOT put your son on your shoulders until your sure he's potty trained! Trust me on this one.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast