Thread: A stupid visitor needs help

Question A stupid visitor needs help

I'm going on a cruise this May and was thinking of taking a chartered fishing trip. The trip would only be for 5 hours so we will probably fish for about 3 hours. How is the salmon fishing in May, and would it be worth my time and money to take a charter from my cruise line?

Your question is not easily answered as you didn't post specific enough information. The King season starts about Memorial Day weekend in southcentral which is the begining of the salmon season.

Where does your cruise dock, what date and what time of day??

CruzenRob,

Where are you going to be ? What cruiseline ? I do tours for the cruiselines . If you are thinking of Talkeetna. Drop me a P.M . Some of those guys that have contracts with the crusielines just want your money . It makes me mad when I see Charters here in Talkeetna offer king trips on the Talkeetna in May. Lots of luck if you are one of the first ships to arrive here on May 17.

don't take a cruise. Duh! Seriously if you can get out of it do and go one a real trip to Alaska all the cruise ship pasengers I've ever seen look depressed and disappointed. Take the ferry from homer to kodiak, king fishing will be hot there and take in crab fest. Also kodiak might be the most real town in Alaska the rest of them are ruined by the **** cruise ships.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.