Thread: before/after small gray

Default before/after small gray

The snare is in the opening to the left of the big spruce,

The wolf is to the left,

Resetting while dragging wolf out,

Default Congratulations

Nice work, thanks for sharing. I really like the before and after photos. They sure make a mess of the place.

Default bottle?

whats in that bottle? is that your secret scent that you leave on the snared trail?....nice wolf is that snow on its muzzle or is it white colored like that...he looks fairly dark overall....nice job
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

sharksinthesalsa, that's a bottle of some anal glands ground up from a different pack and some dog p added, there is one more wolf in the pack and trying to entice him to go in the set, he wasn't with this wolf this time.

Default odd

thats odd that they weren't together.....was this one a male then i take it?....i bet the other one is a male too....and they split up for the mating season....weren't getting along or something....both wanting to look for a female....hang him too
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Nice job Takotna! I also like the before and afters. Moose hunters better be thanking you for all your success with the munchers! Bears will be out before you know it too...

sharksinthesalsa, this young one was a fm, other 3 were males, I think the other may be a fm too. All winter I've seen only singles/pairs, this pack of 4 was the most, I don't think and pretty sure the wolves are having a very hard time bringing down moose, the snow is between my knee and the top of my bunny boot, that's the deep stuff, I haven't seen a kill etheir, I've seen them split up before in low snow yrs, I think its just to hard to pull a moose down which is a good thing.

Steve, bears are next alright, I think its still a go with the bear snaring here.