Thread: Early Knik Cleanup Photo Links

Default Early Knik Cleanup Photo Links

Go to:

http://web.me.com/rvhoward/Site/Phot...anup_2002.html to view photos of the 2002 Annual Cleanup.
    You will also find a link there to photos of the 1999 and 2000 Annual Knik Watershed Cleanups.

or go to knikriver.org and follow links to view many photo document pages.

Question First cleanup

Mr Bronco, it is quite obvious that you have a personal vendetta against Mike Echo and maybe you and he can straighten that out somehow somewhere rather than just putting up posts here. I don't know you or him but I don't think he was trying to take undue credit for the first ever cleanup he was just giving a little history from the time it was organized by the ATV club, I'm sure if we looked back far enough we would find that miners cleaned up some of the area 50 years ago after miners 100 years ago left a mess, and I would like to say good job to all the people over all the many many years that have been picking up other peoples messes and making that area an enjoyable place for all of us to enjoy.
    Now I can fall off this soap box and wait for the next.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

I admire all the people who pitch in every year to clean that area up and protect it's status as a public use area. By and large, I'd say the ones participating in the clean up are NOT the one's making the mess but they still show up and clean. Hopefully I can help out this year too. I really enjoy using the KRPUA and would like to give something back.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    Mr Bronco, it is quite obvious that you have a personal vendetta against Mike Echo and maybe you and he can straighten that out somehow somewhere rather than just putting up posts here. I don't know you or him but I don't think he was trying to take undue credit for the first ever cleanup he was just giving a little history from the time it was organized by the ATV club, I'm sure if we looked back far enough we would find that miners cleaned up some of the area 50 years ago after miners 100 years ago left a mess, and I would like to say good job to all the people over all the many many years that have been picking up other peoples messes and making that area an enjoyable place for all of us to enjoy.
    agree
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post

My quest, to the best of my abilities and within my knowledge has never changed or wavered from facts. My organization has a mission statement. No 'vendetta'.
    Please do not speculate and accuse. I have no intentions of participating in a thread heading down that road. My post is informational.

It is harder for all of us to make progress on working together without proper acknowledgment of the history that got us to this point so that understanding can bring us closer to sustainable solutions.

Yes, the thanks should go to everyone that helps and has helped, and as ER Dee points out, folks participating here are most likely not the ones making the messes. The cleanups represent progress, but there is progress to be made on other KRPUA issues that most likely will require a lot more working together.

My 2 cents, and hopefully my last on this, particularly if the conversation continues the divisive or unproductive trend.
    (I'd put a 'smiley' here for you if they were working from my Mac today!)

Default I'm not even going to start

responding to the contents of your web page Robert.
    On the other hand, I didn't know you were a member of the National Guard. Perhaps there is hope for you.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.