Thread: New Idea on posts

Default New Idea on posts

What if we had an option of posting something and then locking out everyone else from posting to it?

So if someone had a great hunt and posted cool photos, and descriptions their posting wouldn't be molested by snipers.

The reason I bring this up is I've seen it numerous times, seems like the same old people picking apart peoples posts, trying to make them seem unethical. It then detracts from the original post, and goes down a million bunnytrails. So by page three I'm fed up with reading who is more ethical, and who should have done what instead of just reading the post.

It would give posters an option to not be baraged by negative posting, (which can be accomplished by PM's if you are so inclined).

What does everyone think?

Apparently if you become a "premium member" you can buy the option to start and lock your own threads....
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Then it would no longer be a FORUM.
    It would be a blog.

As Huntress noted, there are some privileges afforded to premium members. One of the perks is the ability to lock one's own threads, but you also get a bigger PM box and more photo storage space, among other features. If a thread needs to be locked due to violations of forum rules, however, please use the report post feature to let us know about it.

If you're interested in learning more about supporting and premium membership, you can find that info at this link.

I think it's a great idea.

Wow Im a premium member and did not know I could lock my own threads. Now to learn how to do it.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Kinda have to think if you want to post something for the world to see and prohibit a comment- why not just post a blog?

The idea of a forum is exchanging ideas... besides somebody would just start another thread talking about your locked one.

Have to agree the nitpickers can be tiresome though.

Actually, being able to close your own post in the swap-n-sell is very handy. Once the item is sold, you post a sold note and hit the "close thread" option.

And if a thread you started takes off into left field, you don't have to wait for a Mod to wake up before you can nail the lid on an incipient flame war.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!