Thread: Shrimp Talk,(a little early)

Default Shrimp Talk,(a little early)

I realize we still have a month and a half, but I wanted to brag up my new gear, we'll be using this year. Steve was real accomodating and listened intently to all my hair brained theory's then put this latest string together for me earlier this month.
    There are several differences that you notice right up front, like, these pots are 4 inches taller than the standard ones. There's a reason for that. I'll not get into that untill I determine whether or not the height makes a difference.
    If you have a real keen eye you may notice the dump door on the bottom which will enhance their userfriendliness! Then there's the new tall, skinny, open meshed bait jar. Last years version washed clean pretty well, but this one should be better yet. The tall skinny part allows the same amount of bait to be used and is presented with way more surface expossed. No more wetting down a bunch of bait in the center of a jar only to toss it out latter!
    The weights on these were made by pouring stainless tubing full of lead which gives an overall pot weight of 17 to 19 lbs each. Hopefully this will slow that dad burned Electra Dyne down some.
    Fiberglass rods were laced into all corners and then all was epoxied which makes for a very ridgid construction,
    Once assembled the bottom edges were triple dipped in Herculiner (truck bed material) as a chaff protection and to help me determine which sides up as they near the surface.
    This whole get up will be fished on a new main line as well and I'm setting it up to allow for a full 200 fathoms! By breaking out a section I can easily resort to the usual and customary 100 fathoms.

With Steves help I've become very proficcent in the Shrimp game and thank him for his willingness to help out with my pipe dream!

P.S Two "secret" additions were not shown in the photographs, we'll all have to wait to see if their worth their salt!
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never too early to talk shrimp, nice looking pot. Been using Steveís pots for 2 years now, most every weekend from April to September; holding up fine. I make my own bait jars by taking any wide mouth jar that will fit, take my Dremel tool and punch a gazillion holes small enough that sea lice canít get in. Took a while to figure out the best bit size that works, but now I can fish a jar of bait all weekend..Just add a little more bait each time. I also have been putting the used bait jars in freezer then just add a little next time out.
    Still have a few bags of shrimp left but fresh will be nice cooked on the boat.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Yep, hopfully the weather is good on the 15th of April (Thursday). That is the day I plan on heading out.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Yep, hopfully the weather is good on the 15th of April (Thursday). That is the day I plan on heading out.

me too, I'm excited.
    Boatless

Default Never too early!

It's never too early to be thinking about it!! We waited all weekend for the fog to lift in Juneau so we could go out and drop some pots, it never happened!

Ya just can't keep yur trap shut can ya!!! Hey its nothing compared to some of the stuff you've done for me this winter!!! All hail to the Master of Metal.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

With all these new additions you are going to need a bigger boat!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

The new pots look good - I will put your old ones to good use!

Steve - when are you going to stop the suspense and give us the skinny on the new puller?

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    The new pots look good - I will put your old ones to good use!

Steve - when are you going to stop the suspense and give us the skinny on the new puller?
    Soon as i get pics of the new model they will be posted on here. We are still working on getting things right(in our opinions) both myself and the folks at Electra Dyne want to produce something that is both user friendly, strong and SAFE. Make sure you stop by my booth at the Carlson this spring, lots of new goodies to check out.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Soon as i get pics of the new model they will be posted on here. We are still working on getting things right(in our opinions) both myself and the folks at Electra Dyne want to produce something that is both user friendly, strong and SAFE. Make sure you stop by my booth at the Carlson this spring, lots of new goodies to check out.
    When is the show at the Carlson Center

When is the show at the Carlson Center
    April 16-18th.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    April 16-18th.
    That's not going to work - I plan on pulling pots those days not looking at them - They need to have those shows a little earlier.

That's not going to work - I plan on pulling pots those days not looking at them - They need to have those shows a little earlier.
    Gotta be there opening day just like trout fishing, line up shoulder to shoulder and catch those stockers . If you need anything you know where i'm at and i can also mail it to ya. Good Luck on opening day and make sure you get your knuckle of bottom.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Default Left overs!

As a result of the new gear this year, there are a few things someone may be interested in. For example, If you remember that gucci block I made earlier this winter? Well that leaves me with two of them baby's and the original one can go to a new home. You can view it in the picture below. Also, for anyone wanting to upgrade to cement runners, have I got a deal for you! Going with the lead pipe jobbers this year means the 4ea, 2 inch PVC moulds along with the 1ea 3inch PVC mold and a full bag of the high strength cement need a home as well! I just went back to work and will be here until the 15th so catch up with me before then. Stuff's in Wasilla. Maybe you got a little something to trade, bucket of Steves bait etc?
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images