Thread: NcStar scopes

Default NcStar scopes

anyone have one of these? i would like to hear how these affordable scopes act in alaska. i just ordered one for my AR (3-9x42 mk III mil-dot with drop compensator) hope its worth the money.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final. You need to learn to be slow in a hurry! Wyatt Earp.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    anyone have one of these? i would like to hear how these affordable scopes act in alaska. i just ordered one for my AR (3-9x42 mk III mil-dot with drop compensator) hope its worth the money.

they are pure crap! return it right away. cheap chinese knock offs.
    Semper Fi!

Default NC star scopes

I tested one when they first came out for a friend that was looking at dealing. Lasted without a hitch two years on a 338 Win Mag handgun before I took it off and put my Leupold back on.

If it's not made in America I refuse to buy it anymore. We have enough problems without supporting foreign.

Neal

Sorry, no direct NcStar scope experience. I have seen a few NcStar red dots, and I chose to blow my money on dinner instead. I am positive I made a better choice. But good luck. It would be interesting to hear you thoughts after a few hundred rounds of use (and what conditions it was used in). Hopefully it does what you want, and performs well.

I just ordered a Redfield Revolution 2x7 for $140 from a shop here in town. The Redfield 3x9 is either $150 or $160 depending on reticle (but no mil-dots). It is made in Oregon by Leupold, and has a lifetime warranty. I am not expecting Leupold VX-III or Zeiss Conquest quality optics, but I will bet money it is clear and strong. Oh wait, I did bet money by ordering it.

I can't say that any ncstar product every impressed me. Good luck with your scope though. I recently tried a sitemark scope and so far i'm not that impressed but they honored thier warrantee and are paying to ship it back to them to check out. Nice and clear but didn't track well for adjustment.

I put one on a 22 pistol and it seems to work fine there, but that's not much of a test.

Had one on a Contender 22 Hornet pistol with no problems.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."