Thread: What to do?

Default What to do?

As I posted before on the big wheel kit, I had just bought a new to me 2001 600ZR EFI (thanks for the help on the BWK) Anyway a friend of mine also purchased an 2002 600RZ efi at the same time as I had. This last weekend we were out on Long lake and just started to run them a little, you know didn't really hold them pinned for the length of the lake or anything but held them open for a while and then slowed down for a bit and got back in it. Anyway his sled burned the clutch side piston...just poof and it was done. now I have this thing in my garage and he is getting parts to put it back together. While I can do the tear down and reassembly, I am not sure on trouble shooting the EFI to find out why it died. Background info on when it died is as follows... temp was in the high 20's sled was warmed up before riding and full of gas and oil (klotz) and as I said he didn't wind the thing out. Anybody know what I need to check or should he just take it to the shop.
    Thanks
    mick

Check your carb boots and make sure they aren't torn, other than that I would call Chad at A2D Sledworks, he might be able to point you in the right direction or just take it to him. He know's his stuff when it comes to sleds and has some good mechanics working for him.

Also check the crank seals.
    Good time to replace them.

Thanks folks, called A2d and got some answers so I think we will be able to go back together with it and take it from there.

I've heard nothing but good from A2D.....

Thanks for the referrals guys and sorry I don't frequent this board more often.