Thread: Williams sights

Default Williams sights

I put a new barrel on a Mauser and since it is different dimensions from the original I thought I would call williams and ask what combination to use with measurments I had. All I got was well just look at the web site and you should be able to figure it out. i told Steve, customer service?, that i had looked and the web site directed me to call for service. Well we left it with i could just go buy some various sizes and see what combination's would work. I could not even get the sizes of the sights out of the guy. Some customer service. Needless to say I will not be using any Williams sights in the future.

Man, that's sad. Once upon a time they were one of the best companies to deal with.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I'm POed att'em too.

I wouldn't by any Williams Product.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

We have had no problems with their quality or service.

If you have a Brownells catalog, in the rifle sights section there is a chart that will help you do the proper calculations for front and rear sight heighth. I still use the same chart every time I install a set of irons ona rifle or shotgun that didn't come with them from the factory. Once you have the proper numbers you can call Williams or if you prefer not to use Williams, you can get Marbles products, which are basically the same as Williams for all intents and purposes.

Hey Kid,

Thanks for the information. I do not have a brownell's. Did have the infromation years ago from Williams. thats why I called them this time hoping they would like to sell me the correct sights and as i said I had all the measurments already to to give to Williams. I'll request a cataloge from brownell's today. thanks.