Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Concealed carry.

  1. #1
    Member Blackhawk .44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Big Lake, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    123

    Default Concealed carry.

    I was just wandering what everyones opinion was about a good carry or concealed carry firearm for thugs?Sorry I would have started a pole but dont know how.

  2. #2
    New member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Blackhawk if you are 15yo (like I remember seeing in another post) I wouldnt recommend carrying any sort of firearm concealed for at least six years. I suggest you get on line and look up Misconduct Involving a Weapon and learn what Alaska Statutes say about the issue

  3. #3
    Member Blackhawk .44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Big Lake, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAFarmer View Post
    Blackhawk if you are 15yo (like I remember seeing in another post) I wouldnt recommend carrying any sort of firearm concealed for at least six years. I suggest you get on line and look up Misconduct Involving a Weapon and learn what Alaska Statutes say about the issue

    I know what the state laws are and I know that I cant carry a firearm but I just like to to hear what other people think.

  4. #4
    Member AlaskaHippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Fork
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    I think a 15 yr old spending all this energy on a question that has no bearing on his status for over half a decade, on a school day, during school hours, is perhaps time not well spent.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

  5. #5
    Member Diesel Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    354

    Default

    A concealed carry weapon for THUGS?

    Here's my top three. Note all thugs can (should) carry them at the same time:
    A chromed Phoenix Arms 25ACP (great for hiding in the underpants)
    A Hi-Point 45ACP (strap this to your ankle with duct tape)
    Anything by Jennings or Bryco (carry in the small of the back w/a round in the chamber, and no, you shouldn't use a holster as it will just slow you down)

    If any of these fine weapons aren't available, then thugs should just get the brightest, flashiest piece available. An alternative is to take a Taurus and paint it with Metallic Gold or Metallic Chrome paint. There is no need to disassemble the Taurus prior to said spraypainting.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    A concealed carry weapon for THUGS?

    Here's my top three. Note all thugs can (should) carry them at the same time:
    A chromed Phoenix Arms 25ACP (great for hiding in the underpants)
    A Hi-Point 45ACP (strap this to your ankle with duct tape)
    Anything by Jennings or Bryco (carry in the small of the back w/a round in the chamber, and no, you shouldn't use a holster as it will just slow you down)

    If any of these fine weapons aren't available, then thugs should just get the brightest, flashiest piece available. An alternative is to take a Taurus and paint it with Metallic Gold or Metallic Chrome paint. There is no need to disassemble the Taurus prior to said spraypainting.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny!!! :-)
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

  7. #7
    Moderator Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Mine

    I carry a 1911 in .45 ACP with Rem. 230 grain hollow points.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  8. #8
    Moderator Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Forgot

    Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    I carry a 1911 in .45 ACP with Rem. 230 grain hollow points.
    Forgot..... 7 clips usually.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  9. #9

    Default

    My kids were all shooting potential carry guns by the time they were 15. They were asking all sorts of questions about carrying too. I can't see any harm in that!

    I carry a Glock 22 in 40 S&W with the idea firmly planted between my ears that it only comes out in a life threatening situation and when it does come out it will be used. I have been carrying concealed weapons for 30 years and the only time I cleared leather was to shoot a mean Doberman that had a mail lady cornered and had already bitten her a couple of times.

    I hope and pray I never have to use it on another human! Thug or other!

  10. #10
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,601

    Default

    For thugs I like Sorels

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk .44 View Post
    I was just wandering what everyones opinion was about a good carry or concealed carry firearm for thugs?Sorry I would have started a pole but dont know how.
    Listen, I’m no expert, but I think you have the question, about right.

    It’s a compromise of how concealable, how manageable the recoil, and how (Good for Thugs) powerful.

    Heavy guns are harder to conceal, but are easier to shoot.
    Very light, and small guns, are harder to shoot, but easier to conceal.
    Small cartridges have marginable power.

    For a revolver, 38 Special should be OK, but most of them are Snub-nosed, and that’s a downside. At least a 3" barrel is more to my liking.

    I’m not very familiar with all the Autos, but there’s plenty of’em. My choice would probably be a Kahr, mid-sized model, and either 9mm, or 40 S&W, but you may prefer a different brand, or cartridge.

    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    A chromed Phoenix Arms 25ACP (great for hiding in the underpants)
    A Hi-Point 45ACP (strap this to your ankle with duct tape)
    Anything by Jennings or Bryco (carry in the small of the back w/a round in the chamber, and no, you shouldn't use a holster as it will just slow you down)
    .
    Diesel Nut, I have to say that would be a great setup for an 80's California banger with a real 'Ring of Fire' feeling.

    But the modern thug knows he needs to up the firepower, so I would suggest:
    Taurus Judge 2" with titanium cylinder. Cause Titanium is cool, and blowing up watermelons is just like life on the street. But a real thug will get the cylinder bored out to take .454 Casull shells. I mean, Taurus did that this year, but they want to charge you $200 bucks more to shoot the Buffalo Bore heavy, and all they do is add "Raging" to the name. You're not that stupid; you can do it yourself and keep the $200 for more partying, or neon on your ride.
    Hi-Point in .40S&W, carried duct-taped to your gonads, loaded and safety off with the trigger uncovered. Having the trigger ready will allow you to instantly pull the trigger when the rival thugs are closing in on you. Get a custom tactical 2# trigger job so the hair trigger is easier to shoot hammers. Or something.
    Glock 27 Foh-tay in a rectal inversion holster. This is your 'deep cover' backup. Dang, the Man gonna be surprised...

    More seriously, read a lot, listen a lot, and remember that most of the magazines, stores, and TV shows are trying to sell you something.

  13. #13
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,601

    Default

    You have less chance of someone messing with you if the gun is not concelled

  14. #14
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    You have less chance of someone messing with you if the gun is not concelled
    True but if they do they will have accounted for your weapon. Like Smitty said it's all tradeoffs and choices.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •